people that just walk into your house unannounced- why?????

Quote:
TerrieLacy, I'm shocked and appalled at your bloodthirsty response.

Gimmee a break.
roll.png

It happened once back home when we forgot to lock the doors... unfortunately we didn't know them and when he saw us going past the doorway just in time, he ran away....

At least you know the guy.

Aside, I'd just lock the door. I don't know of anyone who doesn't knock first, or not keep their doors locked anymore. Times have changed sadily.

Quote:
TerrieLacy, I'm shocked and appalled at your bloodthirsty response.

Gimmee a break.
roll.png

Oh alRIGHT. But just this once, and only cuz you're so cute.

one of my dogs is a pupply (very large at that). in just the last few months, he's more aware of people being around, but this kind of all surprised us that this guy keeps doing this. usually I meet him in the entryway but he lets his kid in first- what if my dogs were out of control- bad things could happen to his child (step son)
I hope I don't have to have that conversation with him, but I just might.

Okay...I completely understand this...but to a more severe degree. I won't answer the door if people don't call first. Unless I am already outside, I hate people just stopping in!
hu.gif

Quote:
If he is indeed socially inept, having an unemotional conversation might solve it. Just look him in the eye with a friendly expression and say "Please knock on the door and wait until I answer it." If he responds defensively or rudely, then you know you just have a jerk on your hands. Then you just have to keep your door locked.

BTW, were you looking for a solution, or were you just commenting on the audacity of some people? (which of course, is always a good rant topic, and very entertaining...)

Last edited:
Quote:
I would have the conversation with him..ASAP..
You're right..what if his son gets hurt by one of your dogs?? You could be open to some big liability.
Just tell the guy.."look, i have big dogs and i wouldnt want anyone to get hurt. Can you please just knock when you drop little Timmy off and i'll come and answer the door."

Last edited:
Ah I'd say stay off my flippin doorstep... but then again I have people (usually my son's big smelly friends) walk into my house all the time unannounced, if the dogs eat them so e it!
hu.gif

OK maybe in this situation I may be a little more diplomatic.... maybe.

The last person that walked into my house by surprise and uninvited got to see how big the bore of a .45 looks like.

That's a good way to get killed.

I didn't have a dog then. I do now.

We don't get a lot of company and if someone knocks or comes close to the door they are greeted by vicious sounding dogs. They are not, they just sound like it
wink.png
FIL walked in unannounced once right after I moved in, umm, lets just say he won't do that again
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom