Permectrin usage

flytpm

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Cookeville,TN
Is it okay to make a dust bath with permectrin mixed in to prevent mites or is it too strong? I have 6 pullets. Haven't seen any mites yet.

Hello. Has all this rain put everyone to sleep? Wanting to use permectrin dust bath as preventive measure. Good or Bad? Also I mixed the wood shavings around in the coop this morning and noticed a slight ammonia smell. The shavings are dry. I sprinkled a little lime in there a few weeks ago, but I know they scratch in the shavings to find small bugs so didn't know if it was ok to lime again or not. Thanks for any advice.

I'm not too sure about using the Permectrin in their dust baths. I usually use DE or ashes from our wood burning grill.

I have used the Permectrin and dusted the wood used for the chickens pens, but I haven't used it on the chickens or their dust baths. I had a really bad roost mite problem last year and found that Permectrin was the only thing that killed them.

I hope someone else will have a definite answer for you.

Good luck!!

I just looked at the Permectrin website and it said it was fine for use on poultry so go ahead and make that dust bath. As long as you don't have mites I would keep it that way and treat the coop with a few shakes here and there.

Being proactive is better than being reactive.

Back
Top Bottom