Pet Peeves

Yeah up yonder in the sticks I'm surprised at the amount of kids on bikes around the school zones in the afternoon. And we really need the too cause they're morons
What? You need the kids on bikes because they're morons?

Er, wait. You need the SCHOOL ZONES to protect the kids on bikes because the DRIVERS are morons. Is that right?

I set Duck Duck GO as my default browser. I haven't heard of the other two. Any recommendations.
I understand D D Go, is suppose to be private but then it goes back into Google for search and that can be biased of at least full of ads. But I'm the least computer savvy so I'm open to corrections or suggestions.
Duck Duck GO may have screwed up BIG with the rush to Virtue Signal, The company admitted they are manipulating search data to show us what they think we should see. Now I Really need to find another browser.

Cc4K_zku_bigger.jpg

Gabriel Weinberg

@yegg

·
Mar 9

Like so many others I am sickened by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the gigantic humanitarian crisis it continues to create. #StandWithUkraine️ At DuckDuckGo, we've been rolling out search updates that down-rank sites associated with Russian disinformation.

Duck Duck GO may have screwed up BIG with the rush to Virtue Signal, The company admitted they are manipulating search data to show us what they think we should see. Now I Really need to find another browser.

Cc4K_zku_bigger.jpg

Gabriel Weinberg
@yegg
·
Mar 9

Like so many others I am sickened by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the gigantic humanitarian crisis it continues to create. #StandWithUkraine️ At DuckDuckGo, we've been rolling out search updates that down-rank sites associated with Russian disinformation.
Agreed. I don't need a browser/social media site/so-called news network/etc. deciding for me what I'm allowed to read or think. I'm pretty good reading and discerning for myself what to believe/be for or against/love/hate/give a crap about, TYVM.

It annoys me that when I input to search engine sometimes the first few pages are "ADS". (and I get that is how they make their money to provide the service.)
For example if I want to look up a restaurant, I want Their website (times, menus, etc.) not what everyone else thinks I should want.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom