Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
Hi ya'll! I lost the thread! These are the ones I've been taking lately. What do you think? What do I need to improve on?
View attachment 3293740View attachment 3293741View attachment 3293743View attachment 3293744View attachment 3293748View attachment 3293749
Nice images. Pretty much the same as Sundownaviaries said. Composition can be improved on most using the rule of thirds. The top one is the best placement of the bird in the group, the only con is it is slightly facing away from us and the feet are cut off.

On the last 3, (especially #4 and #6), the head is too close to the top of the image, there needs to be more space there. also the feet are cut off. Sometimes you can get away with cutting off body parts but when they're so close to being in frame they typically need to be in the frame. The last image would do better in portrait orientation instead of landscape (taller pic instead of wider pic).

Nice images. Pretty much the same as Sundownaviaries said. Composition can be improved on most using the rule of thirds. The top one is the best placement of the bird in the group, the only con is it is slightly facing away from us and the feet are cut off.

On the last 3, (especially #4 and #6), the head is too close to the top of the image, there needs to be more space there. also the feet are cut off. Sometimes you can get away with cutting off body parts but when they're so close to being in frame they typically need to be in the frame. The last image would do better in portrait orientation instead of landscape (taller pic instead of wider pic).
Much better explanation than my rush job. :thumbsup

View attachment 3293764View attachment 3293766View attachment 3293763
View attachment 3293769
I'll play too. Here are a few photos from my 'sort' folder. You never know what you'll find in there. :p
These are good. On the first one, being back lit adds some rim lighting on the the neck feathers which is a neat look but the bright sky around the head is distracting to me. I think it would look better if the entire background was trees.

Same for the last image. My eyes are drawn to the bright sky at the left and top right. You could crop in some to get rid of the bright areas, like this...

1665961733072.png

Last edited:

Thankyou for the pointers! I'll try to work on that!

Back
Top Bottom