Pics Of Bantam Mottled Cochin Trio....... Got these from Bantyman!

I love that picture of Kat.
love.gif
Could you please put me on your list for eggs for the mottled cochins??????
frow.gif
wink.png
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Hey Karen
frow.gif

Boy they did turn out nice Hope mine turn out that good Will put pics up if they allow me to do that I am glad that you are happy with them Get them up to the show and see what they will do They might surprise you

Mike
big_smile.png

Please do not take this wrong, but can anyone explain to me how these guys (beautiful birds) are "mottled"? I would think they would be a splash.
We are certainly not considered brilliant with our feather patterns of birds, but I have a roo like your banti-cochins and it is a "splash", the two pullets that I have, gray 'blue" in color with darker or lighter area on each feather and I was told they were "mottled". Is it the color of the pullets with their gray feathers?

onthespot and tiki244 , I have you on the list for eggs.

Mike, I am taking all 3 , but Kat is better overall of the girls, Kit has a slight break from back to tail .

Quote:
Splash and Mottled are different colors:

Mottled in the case of these birds and my Houdans are blackwith White on some of the feathers.

Splash is generally a Grey/Blue sometimes Blackish smattering of color on a generally light body.

Here is my Splash Cochin Cockerel, Stoney. He is a pretty good example.

stoneyjan.jpg

Here is my Splash Orp, Mason. He is a Darker Splash color.
PC290126.jpg

Just for comparison, here is Larry, my Mottled Houdan Rooster.
Larrya.jpg

Quote:
Thanks Cyn! It was worth the drive to meet Mike and get these guys, besides that they entertained us all the way home with Purring and Tap Dancing
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom