(PICS@POST #1)Starting a dozen eggs Sunday, Oct 2...any joiners?

I have a dozen paint eggs going in the Bator tomorrow. I have 52 eggs in a Bator now on day 9, 37 of which are developing so far. Yikes!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I just ordered my first first eggs ever yesterday - and they are from Bargain.
smile.png
So Im pretty excited. I do Have a question.... how long does it take for shipped eggs to reach people usually -she is in Georgia and Im in Oregon Lol!
And how soon do I need to get those shipped eggs into bator? because I think the earliest I will have room is AROUND 18th and I think she is shipping on 11th? eeek! I i didn't think about it before I ordered... such an amature, newbie I am!

So out of 11 eggs, 7 I see viening. Now they are kinda staggared
hide.gif
one of the eggs is one of the serviors from 9/27 under my cochin - 2 or 3 more were put under her on 2nd and one more on the 3rd. Then I put 8 in incubator on 4th @ 3pm..... eeek! And I have more on order (not well thought out plan for the newbie)

Here's my plan and I hope it works - im going to take the one due to hatched on 18th and put it in the bator on 15th to hatch out and take all the ferile eggs that are in the bator and put them under her leaving her with 6 standard eggs to set on (from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th) hope thats not too many for my little cochin (she's a newbie at this too) She is doing much better than me and is just staying quiet and going with the flow. hen by the time the 18th baby hatches and is ready for the brooder I will either put it in there (?) or put it in with momma during the day and out at night???? until the other babies hatch then they can all be with her - this will free up room in the small bator I am using for the shipped eggs.
fl.gif

Hoping that works as confusing as it is, unless someone with more experience can give me better suggestions?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I got 3 shipments last week all sent Priority. They all arrived within two days. I candled my eggs at 4 days and saw veining in some. By day 9 I only have a few I'm still unsure about and about 14 out of 52 that are still not showing anything.

Last edited:
I was planning to wait until day 10 to candle. But, the temptation won. Last night I tried my $2 LED flashlight from TSC and saw that some had darker shadows than others. I couldn't really see veining. Tonight I bought an LED spotlight with 192 lumens. Now (day 6) I see veining and dark spots that must be embryos. The eggs are brown, so it's hard to say who's infertile. The majority seem to be developing.
wee.gif
There's still a long road ahead. I plan to hold off on next candling until day 11. Good Luck to all of you.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just ordered my first first eggs ever yesterday - and they are from Bargain.
smile.png
So Im pretty excited. I do Have a question.... how long does it take for shipped eggs to reach people usually -she is in Georgia and Im in Oregon Lol!
And how soon do I need to get those shipped eggs into bator? because I think the earliest I will have room is AROUND 18th and I think she is shipping on 11th? eeek! I i didn't think about it before I ordered... such an amature, newbie I am!

I have eggs from her as well. I am in Vermont and they got here I'm two days. Rest them 24 hours then put them in. So far mine are doing well. She's a great person to get eggs from.
smile.png

Quote:
Awesome video!
smile.png
It's so exciting to see them moving around.
smile.png

So I have a confession, I placed an order for a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco yesterday, because I ordered more eggs.
smile.png
Anyone have one of these? I was hoping to order it from the Brinsea website and use their coupon code but alas, they are out of stock. Sigh. I got a pretty good deal on it from incubators.org though. I called them and they gave me a discount! How nice!
smile.png
Yes, I think this is going to become an addiction!
big_smile.png

I re-candled last night. All 8 of my shipped Silkie eggs have definite veining. 7 of them are showing very strong and distinctive veining, which is awesome! The other one has veining, but not as strong as the others. Will probably be an early quitter, but you never know. I had to toss one EE egg, major blood ring. The BL mix shows nothing, probably not fertile. All but the 2 EE eggs I added on day 2 of the remaining EEs have excellent veining. I will wait til day 12 or so to candle again. I don't want to over-handle the shipped eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom