Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Staring contest between teenage chickens (up to 17 a one point) and one snake for at least 1/2 hour.
IMG_0311 (2).JPG

Staring contest between teenage chickens (up to 17 a one point) and one snake for at least 1/2 hour.
View attachment 2803590

What's that?

I don't know.

Can we eat it?

Maybe?

Will it eat us?

I don't think so.

Go ahead, peck it!

No, you peck it.

It's too big to be a mealworm.

Does it taste like a mealworm?

Peck it and find out.

No, you peck it.

(Did they eventually eat it?)

What's that?

I don't know.

Can we eat it?

Maybe?

Will it eat us?

I don't think so.

Go ahead, peck it!

No, you peck it.

It's too big to be a mealworm.

Does it taste like a mealworm?

Peck it and find out.

No, you peck it.

(Did they eventually eat it?)
It snapped at the chickens at one point and sent them all scurring in different directions only to turn around and slowly creep back for more inspection. I saw them slowly lose interest and start wandering away when I had to leave for an appointment. No remains of the snake were seen so I assume it is fine. :thumbsup

I also love mutts! Miss McDodd is a mutt too!
Every other toenail is a different color. Its cute. But he is DEFINITELY in need of an attitude adjustment. Biting and rushing is not cool. I’m worried he’s going to start spurring me when he grows spurs. I turn the hose on jet setting at his father whenever he gets close to me. I usually just need to have the hose in my hand, and he’ll back away and wait for me to get eggs and fill feeders and waters. He’s 3 weeks sober from showing me any hostility. I believe we may be working something out. But you never know with a rooster. I can’t be on the phone around my mutt chicken’s uncle, Bonni. He is soooo sweet, but he WILL attack if I’m on the phone. I can play music. I just can’t have a conversation with someone else. Now that I know what triggers him, I can just avoid phone calls around his coop.🤣

Back
Top Bottom