Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

CraftyHen

Songster
Aug 27, 2016
Cool! Wyandottes are so beautiful...I've always wanted one, but have heard stories of them becoming bullies toward flock members, pecking order aside, and also becoming aggressive towards people. But I know some are perfectly nice, so...maybe I'll get one in the future!
Wow I hadn't heard that about Wyandottes. They're my favorite for personality! I've had 4 and all have been very sweet and never bullies. Give 'em a go.

CraftyHen

Songster
Aug 27, 2016
No, no, wyandotte's aren't alway like that! Mine are very sweet, just a little shy though. So far mine haven't bullied, just did what every chicken does to keep her place in the pecking order.

And yes, she has a single comb. Here's another picture:

That picture was from last summer! This is an updated picture I took a few nights ago:
View attachment 2090941
She's pretty! :love

Sapphire Sebright

Free Ranging
Jun 22, 2019
A chicken coop in Maine.
DSC_5601.JPG

Left to Right: Cinnamon, my deceased Sebright rooster; Zapraska, my remaining Brown Dutch Bantam rooster; Kahlua, my deceased Brown Dutch Bantam cockerel; and Pin, my deceased Silver Dutch Bantam Cockerel.
My Mille-feuille D'Uccle rooster, Lefty, isn't in this picture, but he's also darned handsome. Maybe I'll try to post a picture of him sometime....
Edit: There's also Poppy's (my Sapphire Gem hen) rump and tail in the foreground, bottom right corner.

Top Bottom