Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

With our great new homepage for BYC, we've also now got an exciting new system and process for our Picture Of The Week (POW), so we need your submissions!!!

Your Submissions MUST:
  • Be an image you took & own the rights to
  • Be a sharp, clean, picture that's at least 800 pixels wide
  • Include a short sentence about your picture, e.g., "My overly friendly Buff Orpington named Alehendra"
  • We prefer "landscape" (sideways) photos, but we'll accept really awesome"portrait"(tall) pictures... we just may need to crop them
Submit your POW by simply replying to this thread and attaching an image :)

We don't have a strict process or time-frame for how/when the POWs are posted, but in general they will be posted to the homepage weekly, and clicking on the POW will bring you to the post within this thread where the image was submitted.

Caught in the act! (Room the cream legbar)
IMG_20200225_080655_01.jpg

Ruby the Polish bantam was clearly hogging the only "acceptable" egg laying location (please note the empty nest box in back! There are actually 3). So, after complaining for a few minutes Barnie, the black/brown Barnevelder, decided to just share. View attachment 2035343
Are you sure that isn't a pyncheon bantam?

Are you sure that isn't a pyncheon?
Nope, not sure at all. Of course I got them at Tractor Supply and the other "Polish bantam" they sold me is a white Silkie and the 2 "Silkies" were light Brahmas. LOL. Love them anyway. I haven't heard of pyncheon bantams so will look that up! I've often wondered about her coloring and tried to find what it's called. It looks similar to Mille fleur to me.

Nope, not sure at all. Of course I got them at Tractor Supply and the other "Polish bantam" they sold me is a white Silkie and the 2 "Silkies" were light Brahmas. LOL. Love them anyway. I haven't heard of pyncheon bantams so will look that up! I've often wondered about her coloring and tried to find what it's called. It looks similar to Mille fleur to me.
She IS a Pyncheon bantam! Thank you so much. Looks like a perfect match to me.

Attachments

• Barnie and Ruby.jpg
    Barnie and Ruby.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200225_141430_01.jpg
    IMG_20200225_141430_01.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom