Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

My wife likes to let the girls out for an hour or two when she gets home from work. Yesterday our largest hen, 17 week old Gold Laced Wyandotte named Laverne decided to sit next to my wife on the picnic table. In the lower background you can see Laverne's partner in crime, Shirley. Those two birds will talk your ears off.
View attachment 3540055
WOW! Now that's a purdy hen!! Where can I get one of those!?! :eek:

My sweet little rooster: Pascal
A9BE6E1F-848B-49B9-AFA2-1A068B6BAE93.jpeg

My rooster was attacked and killed by our dog's. I miss him so much 😢 it's not the same going out and letting the hens out. He was exceptionally smart and helped me when I was down. I kept him safe for almost 4 years and I let him down. 😭 I will always remember and love him ❤️ Rest in peace BB boy.
Oh I am so sorry that happened. He was a fine looking fella and your picture of him is great.
Hopefully it isn’t too painful to remember him

WOW! Now that's a purdy hen!! Where can I get one of those!?! :eek:
Thanks! I believe most hatcheries sell them as well as stores like Tractor Supply. We got Laverne and Shirley from a young man in 4H when they were 12 weeks old. My wife does a lot of Facebook stuff and she joined a local Facebook group called Sioux Falls Chicken Tenders. Thats where she found the listing for those hens. There are lots of people buying and selling chickens on the group, so I recommend seeing if there is a local Facebook Chicken group where you live. One of the good things about those local groups is that some Hatcheries will only ship 10 to 14 chicks minimum. People will get a big order and keep the chicks that they want and then sell off the extras.

Back
Top Bottom