Pigeon Adventures

PRECIOUS BABIES
THEY ARE THE BEST BIRBS EVER šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
ASIDE FROM NEET NEET OF COURSE
Can I see the glorious TAIL?
Sooooooon, theyā€™re still inside right now. I wanted to get them out yesterday, but it was dark by the time I got home. Poor guy is pretty scraggly. Iā€™m hoping once he mellows out I bit, I can ā€œpreenā€ his tail for him. XD
They are so prettyyyy! Such beautiful colors, and a fantail! Where did you adopt them from? I've been searching around for pigeon shelters that ship to where I live.
Thank you! I bought them from my local HS. They have a pretty regular stream of pigeons going in and out, and Iā€™ve seen quite a few fancy breeds there.
That said, a lot of them were wounded at some point (Bert was attacked by a hawk and needed stitches), and thereā€™s not a lot of information on them as far as ages, etc.

E080C0F6-9CA6-4D37-901B-55D43BF7605E.jpeg

I think heā€™s broken. Heā€™s stomping around in circles in the water. XD

Sooooooon, theyā€™re still inside right now. I wanted to get them out yesterday, but it was dark by the time I got home. Poor guy is pretty scraggly. Iā€™m hoping once he mellows out I bit, I can ā€œpreenā€ his tail for him. XD

Thank you! I bought them from my local HS. They have a pretty regular stream of pigeons going in and out, and Iā€™ve seen quite a few fancy breeds there.
That said, a lot of them were wounded at some point (Bert was attacked by a hawk and needed stitches), and thereā€™s not a lot of information on them as far as ages, etc.
Neet Neet will always be the OG šŸ˜­
View attachment 2986602
I think heā€™s broken. Heā€™s stomping around in circles in the water. XD
o-o
brocken pigeon
I love his colors sm

Okay, so King Louisā€™ circling is definitely not right. I thought he was just excited to play in the water (dumb, I know), but he hasnā€™t really stopped. Iā€™ve been looking into what it could be, and Iā€™m realllyy hoping itā€™s not what I think it is. Theyā€™ve got some electrolytes in their water, and aside from the circling, both of them are completely okay, eating, drinking, and it looked like earlier he was attempting to preen, but idk. I might call the HS tomorrow to see how long heā€™s been doing that, but I donā€™t think theyā€™d know.

RAA, have you had anything similar happen to any of your birds? I have a video, if that might help.

I havenā€™t wanted to say anything, because the past few pigeons I wanted have all been adopted before I could drive down.

Also
ONE OF THEM IS A FANTAIL
heā€™s glorious, I love them both so much. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Here are the pics I got off the HS website. I had no idea the black one was a fantail, but it was a very welcome surprise. XD

King Louis XIV:
View attachment 2985900
Bert:View attachment 2985899
Bert is the sweetest bird ever. Itā€™s hasnā€™t even been a few hours and she already lets me pet her. šŸ˜­
King Louis definitely fits up to his name, lol.
Theyā€™re wonderful!!
Neet Neet will always be the OG šŸ˜­

o-o
brocken pigeon
I love his colors sm
Now youā€™re just inflating Neet Neetā€™s ego.:lau
No one can beat Neet Neet, but Louis comes in close second. XD

Thank you!

View attachment 2986810
Bert. Sheā€™s not impressed with Louis. Louis doesnā€™t care. XD
Bert is so beautiful! Looks like she is a grizzled blue t-check.
Okay, so King Louisā€™ circling is definitely not right. I thought he was just excited to play in the water (dumb, I know), but he hasnā€™t really stopped. Iā€™ve been looking into what it could be, and Iā€™m realllyy hoping itā€™s not what I think it is. Theyā€™ve got some electrolytes in their water, and aside from the circling, both of them are completely okay, eating, drinking, and it looked like earlier he was attempting to preen, but idk. I might call the HS tomorrow to see how long heā€™s been doing that, but I donā€™t think theyā€™d know.

RAA, have you had anything similar happen to any of your birds? I have a video, if that might help.
I have not had anything similar happen to mine. Does he still do it when removed from the water? I would look up videos of American fantails to make sure itā€™s not normal. I hope the HS didnā€™t give you a sick pigeon, but unfortunately there are places who donā€™t know much about birds and arenā€™t able to identify signs of sickness/injury in them.

Theyā€™re wonderful!!

Now youā€™re just inflating Neet Neetā€™s ego.:lau

Bert is so beautiful! Looks like she is a grizzled blue t-check.

I have not had anything similar happen to mine. Does he still do it when removed from the water? I would look up videos of American fantails to make sure itā€™s not normal. I hope the HS didnā€™t give you a sick pigeon, but unfortunately there are places who donā€™t know much about birds and arenā€™t able to identify signs of sickness/injury in them.
Thank you! I was wondering what Bert was. XD

Yeah, I took the bath out last night and heā€™s still spinning. When I talked to my grandma (her dad used to breed fantails) she said itā€™s definitely not normal.
After more research it looks like itā€™s possible nerve damage?

Thank you! I was wondering what Bert was. XD

Yeah, I took the bath out last night and heā€™s still spinning. When I talked to my grandma (her dad used to breed fantails) she said itā€™s definitely not normal.
After more research it looks like itā€™s possible nerve damage?
Possibly, I hope itā€™s nothing serious. Whatever he has could be exaggerated by his breed, American fantails have that very upright stance.

Back
Top Bottom