Pigeon Adventures

I was recently contacted about yet another old German owl in need of a new home, but thankfully the owner ended up finding another home for him!
Ok, now this pigeon has just shown up in a Safeway parking lot? Same exact markings, and there aren’t that many pigeon keepers/breeders around here. I’m worried that the new owner may have dumped him…

IMG_4084.jpeg

Ok, now this pigeon has just shown up in a Safeway parking lot? Same exact markings, and there aren’t that many pigeon keepers/breeders around here. I’m worried that the new owner may have dumped him…
I contacted the original owner and haven’t got a response. :hmm I may have to adopt this pigeon from the shelter (where he was taken after being found).

Barbie: this is a really good nesting spot *twitches wings*
Biffster: I can contribute! *picks up straw, jumps up to nesting box and places it on her back*
Pigeon pairs are so adorable together!! Also, good news on the other German owl, he got adopted from the shelter so I didn’t have to take him.

I managed to get three pigeons adopted and one long-term rehab case released, which is good because I’m moving and I’ll have to dissemble and reassemble the aviary, which will be a lot easier with fewer pigeons (I’m thinking I’ll set up a smaller dog kennel for them while the aviary is being set up).

Pigeon pairs are so adorable together!! Also, good news on the other German owl, he got adopted from the shelter so I didn’t have to take him.

I managed to get three pigeons adopted and one long-term rehab case released, which is good because I’m moving and I’ll have to dissemble and reassemble the aviary, which will be a lot easier with fewer pigeons (I’m thinking I’ll set up a smaller dog kennel for them while the aviary is being set up).
Yes, it’s a lot of work to move (I just moved this June and it was hard finding places to put all the birds even with less birds than usual.)

She’s cute! What’s that color called?

I have a new pigeon, too, found him with a broken wing. View attachment 3694663I wrapped the wing after this picture, but I’m worried there’s something I’m not doing. I believe only the ulna is broken, though it’s possible both the ulna and radius are.
Yellow atlas. My others are too but they have way too much yellow.

Back
Top Bottom