Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
I got seven birds on Monday! Here's my favorite hen. I'm going to make a new thread for them with more pictures tomorrow.
Snapchat-1584662029.jpg

Lovely! I like the splashes of color on her. How old is she?
Thanks! She has a 2016 band but she is a young bird, late summer of this year. The man I got them from told me that she and a few of the other young birds I got were accidental breedings so he stuck the only bands he had left on them. He gave me a list of all the birds and their band numbers and he told me which he believed were male and which were female but I've forgotten. I'm pretty sure the white one is a hen, however:barnie

Neat!

Question that came to me, seeing some of the birds in that last video. Do pigeons ceres change as they grow older? Get bigger over time? Do they ever change colors?

I have a few budgies and their ceres change colors as they mature, and can change color some with hormone variations.

Neat!

Question that came to me, seeing some of the birds in that last video. Do pigeons ceres change as they grow older? Get bigger over time? Do they ever change colors?

I have a few budgies and their ceres change colors as they mature, and can change color some with hormone variations.
To the best of my knowledge the pigeon cere should remain white. Some will develop a larger cere as they age and some breeds have ceres that are very large and knarly looking, example English Carrier pigeon. Their stance reminds me of the game breeds in chickens.

Neat!

To the best of my knowledge the pigeon cere should remain white. Some will develop a larger cere as they age and some breeds have ceres that are very large and knarly looking, example English Carrier pigeon. Their stance reminds me of the game breeds in chickens.

Back
Top Bottom