Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Not really, I have an appt with a vet next thurs to assess. I hope to learn something then, including how to properly examine the wing for injuries. I now think she might have injured the wing first and then got scalped when the cockbird was trying to drive her back to the nest and she was unable to fly up there. I know better than to assume the obvious wound was all there was. I should have checked her out better at the beginning. Yesterday 2 of my young birds were taken by hawks, feathers and blood in both spots. They are all staying in today of course. Including Interloper... you must think I'm nuts to let a feral in like that. Anyway, it's been an eventful week.

What's up in your loft?:)
I hope she will be OK. I'm sorry about the two youngsters. That really sucks. Are these hawks from the migration? I think you've done right with the feral hopefully s/he'll appreciate it and be a good addition to your flock. Mine are ok. Just have #64 who won't fly. Don't know why. I've called him beau anyway! The DW is looking to sell a bunch of rabbits so I've got my eye on the extra space to make an aviary. I'll keep the racers separate but I do want some fancy pigeons and it would be somewhere for the one I have with the broken wing. She won't do well on the loft I have now. She is now called missy! Other than that not much. I have a very sorry looking light Sussex. She is having personal issues at the moment!
DSC_0213.JPG

Yeppers, he's in there, no quarantine, no nuthin'. :oops:
I wouldn't think quarantining would be of any use at this point anyway, seeing as how he's been hanging around on his for a bit... :confused:
I hope she will be OK. I'm sorry about the two youngsters. That really sucks. Are these hawks from the migration? I think you've done right with the feral hopefully s/he'll appreciate it and be a good addition to your flock. Mine are ok. Just have #64 who won't fly. Don't know why. I've called him beau anyway! The DW is looking to sell a bunch of rabbits so I've got my eye on the extra space to make an aviary. I'll keep the racers separate but I do want some fancy pigeons and it would be somewhere for the one I have with the broken wing. She won't do well on the loft I have now. She is now called missy! Other than that not much. I have a very sorry looking light Sussex. She is having personal issues at the moment!
View attachment 1579055
Oh dear.. what's goin on with her? Just molting??:pop

I wouldn't think quarantining would be of any use at this point anyway, seeing as how he's been hanging around on his for a bit... :confused:

Oh dear.. what's goin on with her? Just molting??:pop
Yeah. She actually looks worse than that now. Started with a bald bum now she's missing feathers all down her neck, sides, back! Poor thing. She's one of the top hens as well!

Back
Top Bottom