Pigeon Bulletin Board?

Pics
Me thinks you might be asking for a :smack

:lau

I got them as adults, actually not sure how old they are, but the man I got them from said they had raised 2 clutches already. (I think that's what he said, I was distracted by their beauty.... the words were blah, blah, blah.... lol!) But thanks for the tip! I will definitely candle them anyway.

Though a man of varied interests, :smack is not among them - on the other hand :hugs I am big on.

Given that they are an experienced pair, they should be good to go. What are you feeding them ? There are special feeds for 'short billed' birds to facilitate feeding the squabs. I have no experience with Satinettes so do not know if they need a special diet while 'pumping' young. Can you ask the previous owner ?

Though a man of varied interests, :smack is not among them - on the other hand :hugs I am big on.

Given that they are an experienced pair, they should be good to go. What are you feeding them ? There are special feeds for 'short billed' birds to facilitate feeding the squabs. I have no experience with Satinettes so do not know if they need a special diet while 'pumping' young. Can you ask the previous owner ?

:hugs :hugs
You know I love broodies anyway. Im even going to let Sara sit again. She’s been spending a lot of time in the nest box lately. This will be her 3rd or 4th time this year!

I had some Satinettes and they took care of their babies just fine without a special diet, however they were not show quality; they had large beaks (for satinettes) so I agree, ask the previous owner that.

Never thought to ask that, so if/when I see some eggs, I’ll get ahold of him.

Well just about 30 min ago i had a young red tail hawk dive in after one of my birds. I was chasing it screaming and after about 20 seconds it got scared and flew off. The bird had a small scratch but it is alright. Its lucky though! Sigh, hawk season is here.
That was close and lucky you were there!

Well just about 30 min ago i had a young red tail hawk dive in after one of my birds. I was chasing it screaming and after about 20 seconds it got scared and flew off. The bird had a small scratch but it is alright. Its lucky though! Sigh, hawk season is here.

:barnie

So glad you were able to scare it away!

:th so good you were there! Im glad its not hurt any worse!:hugs

Was your bird on the ground when attacked?

Back
Top Bottom