Pigeon Fanciers

Quote:
Congrats! You usually don't find pure white German Owls, since for show they're supposed to be saddles, but who cares if they're going to be for display at weddings? As long as they're white and pretty!
smile.png

They're such cute little birds.

I'm glad you know better than to release them though. I've heard of so many cases where fancy and show birds were released, only to meet their doom living on their own in the wild
sad.png
In fact, two fantail mixes have just recently been rescued in Charlotte. They were found sick and starving after being released at a wedding. But I guess some people just care about the money, and not the birds
sad.png

Hey there!

Sure, feel free to post a pic of that Cream hen on the genetics group board. I've shown it to some friends and they all loved the color too....one of the reasons why I'm hoping to get more of this color in their offspring. Its a color I've never seen before in Lahores, and the only thing it comes close to is the Creamy-Lemony color in Barkel's Lemon Homers.

Take Care,
Bill.
:)

I've never seen a color like them either, especially not in Lahores. I love it
big_smile.png
Maybe once you get to producing more of themmmm....I could talk you into selling me some
tongue2.gif

Mary thanks for the pics. They look very good and pretty things but guess I better stick with the fantails I got. I just wish they would have babies while it is warm and not wait until winter. They lay more than the chickens do!!!
big_smile.png

I'm hoping so too...Right now I am just trying to control my hopes at all in getting this pair to produce babies....then keep my fingers crossed that I get some pleasant surprises in their offspring.

Those German Owls are so cool too!
I have been debating so long on getting another pigeon breed, but then I keep telling myself I should just focus on one for now----and my favorite are the Lahores...
But the temptation is killing me!

Take Care,
Bill.

I fly Birmingham rollers. Four years ago I gave away most of my birds because of excessive losses to hawks. Raised some roller/homer crosses and am flying them. They are more hawk elusive than pure rollers and do not route as far while flying as homers. Hawks were not too bad this spring so I raised 25 roller young birds. I've flown them all summer with only a few losses. Hawks started migrating 2 or 3 weeks ago so they are in lockdown until next spring. I still fly the crosses 3 or 4 times a week. They generally sustain a hawk attack or two but are not getting wiped out. Once the hawks start hanging on my aviaries, I will lock down the crosses too. It's not like the "old days" when you could free loft your birds or eliminate the occasional hawk that was decimating your flock. As a kid I never lost birds to hawks, but there were no where near so many hawks at that time.

Back
Top Bottom