Pigeon Talk

Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Should I make a thread for my pigeon loft “build” 🤔
It’s more of an addition to the chicken coop but that makes it a little more challenging for the build style IMO.. could be an interesting little read along..

I like them a lot! My pair are yellow. I know a breeder with reds and we may do a swap.
I’d love to see photos of yours! Have you posted them on here before?

biophiliac

Traveler in BYCLand
Apr 22, 2016
DeForest, WI
Hello all! I'm researching pigeons (again) and am reading up. I've got a lot of changes planned for this year so if I can find someone to get some from I'm hoping to slowly build a loft. Then hopefully next year start with some pigeons.
I'm in Ohio, about an hour east of Pittsburgh pa. If anyone is not terribly far away or can point me toward people/sources near me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Look for the nearest racing pigeon club to you. You should be able to find a flyer near you.

another link

cavemanrich

Enabler
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
Aaaanddd they cracked their egg and flung it out of the nest and across their cage.

Help, I was sold defective birds. Lol.

But in all seriousness, I think I'm going to start looking for a second pair to buy because this is getting me nowhere.
My thought what I would try;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
First, I would place a plastic egg into nest so the DB.s do not try to lay another egg too soon. Then if one other set of Non DB.s does look like going to lay eggs soon,,,,,,,,, remove plastic and hope DB's lay another egg.
Have NonDB's surrogate the chosen eggs.
I know that the timing does get challenging :fl

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Premium member
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
My thought what I would try;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
First, I would place a plastic egg into nest so the DB.s do not try to lay another egg too soon. Then if one other set of Non DB.s does look like going to lay eggs soon,,,,,,,,, remove plastic and hope DB's lay another egg.
Have NonDB's surrogate the chosen eggs.
I know that the timing does get challenging :fl
I sold all my pigeons except this pair, so I don't have anyone to foster :(

biophiliac

Traveler in BYCLand
Apr 22, 2016
DeForest, WI
Aug 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
View attachment 2015722View attachment 2015724
Haven't had any hawk attacks knock on wood so I've been letting the flock out a bit. They're pretty lazy (though they've always been) and haven't been doing much flying but they did have a good time bathing in the gutters and eating grit off the shingles.
I love the silhouette photo!! 🥰
What breed do you have? I’m sure you’ve mentioned it but I’ve seen so many breeds posted that I can’t remember who has what anymore :oops:

Thing 2, the one with the white back, does what I think are pirouettes when she flies. I got a video of her, I’ll try to slow it down in a video editor and post it somewhere so I can get opinions from people who actually know rollers 🤪 I don’t think Thing 1 does any fancy flying, I’ve only seen Thing 2 doing pirouettes so far.. I noticed her doing them a while back and never really thought anything of it because they were just starting to fly again at that time after the one had been on a flying break while it’s back injuries healed..

About posting videos to here, can it only be a YouTube link? Could I post a video to Instagram and share the post’s link here to show you what shes doing? Or is it YouTube so there’s no need to open another tab?

Top Bottom