Pigeon Talk

I get their water out of the filter 'thing' so it's cool but not cold. I considered giving a warm mash but it would freeze so fast, before they decide to come down from their perches. I'm hoping the cracked corn will give some easily digested calories.
We get to a high of 15F on Fri then 34F on Sat...:ya
Much better temps! :clap

@LamarshFish Are you doing anything special for your birds in these record low temps?

In general this winter I have been supplementing my normal feed mix with whole popcorn, about 1:3.

For the polar vortex, I lined the bottom of my loft, which is 1/2" hardware cloth, with cardboard to keep out the wind, and sealed off all openings. They are locked inside there for a few days. Keeping an eye on them. They seem fine.

I also locked my chukar up in the coup portion of his area. It's a small 2 chicken coup he has all to himself. He stays close to the heated base below his drinker and seems fine.

How about you? I imagine you are experiencing the same cold temps?

X2! We are 6F above zero, and I can feel my fingers start to freeze within a couple of minutes of being outside. And the wind! Ugh!!

Front just arrived here. Temps got up into the high 20's, and then about an hour ago the front came through with half an hour of 'blizzard'. Temps are now dropping to single digits and - F. Tomorrow will be bad, Fri. slightly better, and weekend above freezing. :yesss:

Definitely no point in walking outside with a cigarette in your mouth either!

Maybe it's a good time to quit ? :oops:

And definately not a good idea to put your tongue on a lamppost!
ski-resort-jpg.1639897

Glad to hear you're wearing gloves or your hand would be stuck there!:lol:

I try to wear them most of the time, but of course I take them off to write on eggs and such. :p

What’s your outside temp this morning? We are at -3F :th

Back
Top Bottom