Pigeon Talk

I would say check the NPA site, but I see you've gotten things worked out. :)

They don't list them, lol. But I have a copy of their SOP and it said size 7 in there, which is why I was confused about the breeder saying 9. And then the birds he sent me...are wearing size 7. Lol.

When I saw the NPA site recommending 9 for things like Modenas I was like, no way my guys are that big.

They don't list them, lol. But I have a copy of their SOP and it said size 7 in there, which is why I was confused about the breeder saying 9. And then the birds he sent me...are wearing size 7. Lol.

When I saw the NPA site recommending 9 for things like Modenas I was like, no way my guys are that big.
Yay! Haha. I have never seen a NN in person. So I wasn't sure.

I'm a different note,,,

The NPA national is coming to Louisville KY in Jan. 2021. it's normally in Texas or California. I'm gonna get to go to it! Y'all should to. :)

Looking good! How many homers do you have now?

Anyone else have any really noisy birds? This guy is constantly doing those long, drawn-out one note coos. He coos when someone pulls in the driveway at night, and he'll coo when a cat or something is sniffing around the aviary. He coos when he sees me come outside to feed them, and today he was cooing because it was hailing. Who needs a watchdog when you have a watchpigeon :)
16 racers in all and holding steady!

What breed of pigeons do you have?

Hey guys! I just learned that hawks are SCARED of geese. I do not know why. But supposedly they steer clear when they see a goose. Way more effective than crows is what I've heard. So, for those of you who have a hawk problem pick up a cheap goose decoy or two. If you want to go a step farther, pick up a goose call. If I have problems in the fall like I did, I will be getting some decoys.
I learned this by reading my racing pigeon digest magizine. Several top lofts in Europe all agreed that it helps hawks steer clear. I have also heard this from American fanciers in the same magizine.
This is the only info I could find online. Obviously not the most trustworthy since its one person saying this, but...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAQegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw2fBXNqN9hsK2_qN2nqkSDp

Also, does anyone know what to call this color?
IMG_20200422_165057.jpg
IMG_20200422_165046.jpg
IMG_20200422_165014.jpg

Hey guys! I just learned that hawks are SCARED of geese. I do not know why. But supposedly they steer clear when they see a goose.
I would say Mainline a pair of these farm geese. Feed them hefty, and they will be heavy and wont think of flying/escaping :old
1587616836988.png

Cant help you on that pigeon color,,,,,,,, but,,, SHORE IS PURDY:love

Is that a roller on the top perch of the wall?
I do have one roller. She is quite alot smaller and Ash coloured. She is also called Ash! The one on the top perch is one of her offspring from last year. His father is racer. Sadly Ash can't keep up when they are flying so she just does her own thing! Both of her youngsters have no problem keeping up with the flock though. This is Ash doing a double flip. She doesn't do this often though.

Back
Top Bottom