Pigeon Talk

your welcome. Hibernate pretty easy to trap. it's best to use while corn. Here is a good type of pigeon trap: Pigeon trap

Ooh one if those would have been nice to have back when I rescued my first pigeon. I had to use a live raccoon trap to get her. She is a very petite pigeon and so she's super light and she walked in and out of the trap a few times without setting it off 😂. Ended up having to modify and fiddle with the sensitivity. She was hanging out at a grocery store and so I had to sit there for around 4 or 5 hours for 3 nights until she eventually triggered the trap haha. I hope when you do your feral project this trap works out. It looks like it should!

Catching the pigeons around those business sounds like a great idea as well. I'm sure the owners would appreciate it, and the pigeons too!

does anyone have any ideas what this looks like? I ordered the four in one powder I mentioned earlier because they've been having some slightly discolored and watery droppings recently but nothing like this and I'm especially concerned because they're feeding babies right now. The hen produced this but it's similar with both adults. Fortunately the babies appear fine as of now. I'm holding off on anymore four-in-one until they're done feeding the babies but I treated them for this (it didnt seem as serious) just two or three weeks ago and it went away but seems to have come right back.

Attachments

• 20200603_154631.jpg
    20200603_154631.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 9
I hope when you do your feral project this trap works out. It looks like it should!
thanks! It will be many years from now. I'm actually minor.
Nice trap but big$$$! This is the one in my price range.
it sure is! A bit out of my price range now. I would actually make my own trap similar to the one I linked, it wouldn't be too hard.
does anyone have any ideas what this looks like? I ordered the four in one powder I mentioned earlier because they've been having some slightly discolored and watery droppings recently but nothing like this and I'm especially concerned because they're feeding babies right now. The hen produced this but it's similar with both adults. Fortunately the babies appear fine as of now. I'm holding off on anymore four-in-one until they're done feeding the babies but I treated them for this (it didnt seem as serious) just two or three weeks ago and it went away but seems to have come right back.
is she still sitting on the babies? If so, it appears to be a very large, runny broody poop. Add Apple cider vinegar to their water. I do mine everyday, as many times as I change their water. do two tablespoons per gallon of water. I go thru about a gallon every three weeks. It works! ACV

Then I would keep them in the loft for several months, until they produce some young. Then release them. some will end up going back, but the majority would probably stay if the have nested.
I know you want to provide housing, and let them fend for themselves. :thumbsup
The reality with pigeons, especially feral ones, is,, FOOD SOURCE is most important. If they find food, and a overpass bridge is nearer their food source, (than their loft at BP) think about what choice they may choose.

Back
Top Bottom