Pigeon Talk

Well guys, I found Felix dead yesterday. RIP little guy. He was about 3 years old. No idea what happened to him, he had food, water, didn't feel thin when I picked up his body. He had been waging war with a mulberry seedling that was growing outside of his cage and attacking it through the hardware cloth for a while, no idea what that was about, but he died over there in that corner like maybe he was attacking it when something happened to him.

I know 3 is kind of young for a pigeon, but he was a feral and would have only had probably about 30 minutes or so before a cat caught him if I hadn't taken him in, so that's 3 years he wouldn't have gotten in the wild.

Taking him out to the farm to bury him after work today since we don't have a shovel at the house.

Well guys, I found Felix dead yesterday. RIP little guy. He was about 3 years old. No idea what happened to him, he had food, water, didn't feel thin when I picked up his body. He had been waging war with a mulberry seedling that was growing outside of his cage and attacking it through the hardware cloth for a while, no idea what that was about, but he died over there in that corner like maybe he was attacking it when something happened to him.

I know 3 is kind of young for a pigeon, but he was a feral and would have only had probably about 30 minutes or so before a cat caught him if I hadn't taken him in, so that's 3 years he wouldn't have gotten in the wild.

Taking him out to the farm to bury him after work today since we don't have a shovel at the house.
:hugs RIP Felix. :hit
He had 3 good years thanks to you.
Let this be his obit, not every bird gets one.

:hugs RIP Felix. :hit
He had 3 good years thanks to you.
Let this be his obit, not every bird gets one.
Yep, and I get to be all suspicious driving around with a dead body in my car... and hoping it stays somewhat cool and cloudy all day so my car doesn't reek when I get off work...

I actually have a human cemetery at my farm and have been burying my horses around the outside of it as they die, so I will take him up there and bury him over top of one of them up on the hill under a nice shade tree. If I put him on top of one of the horses there is a lot less chance he will be dug up later, I'll probably even go get him a chunk of quartz and put it over him as a marker.

@Qwerty3159 how is your little flock doing? Do you still have the babies?
Yup! After the fourth buyer who said they were gonna come by a certain day and time pulled a no show I just took the ad down. Naturally with my luck both babies were cockbirds but everyone seems to be getting along still. :)
20200727_130931.jpg

20200728_100047.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-134732_Snapchat.jpg

@Kusanar sorry for your loss :( the part about the mulberry seedling gave me a chuckle though, mine obliterated the peas growing up their cage.

@Kusanar sorry for your loss :( the part about the mulberry seedling gave me a chuckle though, mine obliterated the peas growing up their cage.
I honestly don't know if he was trying to kill the plant or the ants on it, either way, he was almost always over there attacking it through the mesh, you would look out the window and see the little bush shake and then see wings flap behind it. He was a weird little bird.

Back
Top Bottom