Pigeon Update #3 Plans with the loft

Quacking Pigeon

Crowing
Mar 12, 2018
NSW, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I’m thinking about what I should do in the loft at the moment to improve the Pigeons lifestyle. What I’m thinking is that I should add in some nest boxes in all sections of the loft because I have at least one pair nesting in each section. I also plan in adding some perches in.

My pigeons are suffering from lice at the moment so I want to sort that out too.

At the moment these are all the pigeons I have (In my bloodline system):

A, B, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, AB, C, C2, E, A2B2, A2B2, A2B2, A2B2, A2B2, ABC, ABC, F, G, H, I, J, K. 25 birds

Birds I’ve lost and sold:
D, AB, C, C2, C2, C2, C2, C2, C2, C2, C2, C2, A2B2, A2B2, and probably a few more.

If you are a bit confused about all the above here’s a link to the article I made about it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-management-a-look-at-the-system-i-use.73832/

Here’s the video of my pigeons:

Love those red/brown colored pigeons you have!!
I've been looking for more general pigeon keeping channels on youtube! Subbed your channel. Looking forward to more videos...btw is that fantail one of your breeders? Or just a foster?

When I said general keeping I meant just hobby pigeon video channels. Not necessarily racing pigeon channels or specific breeds, just videos of peoples flocks lol.
One channel I can think of is a lady in France who keeps fantails in her food forest garden and they're used as a homestead type animal/pet. She uses their manure as fertilizer and I think eats the eggs occasionally. She loft flies them alongside her free range bantams. Super cool channel. She has bantams fostering squabs and pigeons hatching bantams pretty often I think is what I read on her blog.
I'll check those out, thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom