Pigeons ha e gone out please help

8mm is most common and will work well as a snap-on. They are super reasonable on Ebay. When you do decide to get a pack, make sure you choose a US seller. The price is a few coins higher, but worth the quick delivery. I have no quarrel purchasing from Chinese located sellers. The prices are FANTASTIC,,,,,,, but the delivery time is naturally much longer.:(
Suggestion for morning:::. I would place a generous quantity of seeds (pigeon feed) on the inside of your coop floor. Your pigeons are having a fun time freedom flying now,,,,,,,,,,,, but they will get hungry soon. They return when hungry, so keep that in mind. When you start to train them to loft fly, release them hungry. I will let BP explain his tactics since he trains all his pigeons successfully. Timing of feed, and the signals when dinner is ready , he can explain perfectly.:thumbsup
backyard pigeons tag

So the pigeons are both back and hanging around the shed but no attempts to go in ! I’m worried they just won’t go in . I’ve ordered a trap but may take a week to arrive . How can I encourage them to go into their shed ?

Attachments

• 847D9AF2-ED5E-4B4E-9E6B-4D7222C2D8A3.jpeg
    847D9AF2-ED5E-4B4E-9E6B-4D7222C2D8A3.jpeg
    799.4 KB · Views: 7
Be patient and they will get hungry. Do they enjoy baths? Could you put a dish pan with water inside the shed to increase the attraction? It's good they know where home is at least!

Are you sure he hasn't been in for a quick snack when you weren't looking? I can't really think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. Where iss he roosting at night? Can you reach him with a net? You could try putting out a live trap. As I mentioned one of my birds found himself caught in the trap I set out for raccoons.
Your shed makes an excellent loft! The picture you posted makes me think it would benefit from additional ventilation though. I think it's good to have some ventilation at floor level and some up high under the peak of the roof, or under the overhang if a flat roof.. You want passive airflow without drafts blowing directly on the perches.

DO you feed them any treats? I feed my chickens meal worms, I don't know about pigeons though. I you do, then my chickens are trained to the sound of the bag rustling when I open it to give them a handful, I bet if you go inside the shop and you shake the bag of treats, if you feed them treats, they will come in. If you don't, then maybe get some and toss some on ground. They will likely come down to investigate the snack, and decide they like it. then you can throw some inside the loft and hopefully they will come in. That is what I do with chickens who don't wan to go back in the coop, after free range time. Good luck!

Are you sure he hasn't been in for a quick snack when you weren't looking? I can't really think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. Where iss he roosting at night? Can you reach him with a net? You could try putting out a live trap. As I mentioned one of my birds found himself caught in the trap I set out for raccoons.
Your shed makes an excellent loft! The picture you posted makes me think it would benefit from additional ventilation though. I think it's good to have some ventilation at floor level and some up high under the peak of the roof, or under the overhang if a flat roof.. You want passive airflow without drafts blowing directly on the perches.
I can’t be sure he hasn’t been in for a snack no . It appears he’s scared to go in he’s been on the roof and around the shed on my garage roof near to the shed and also house roof . The other one now I feel I can trust comes and goes in and out of the shed but is always around . The other one I didn’t see yesterday at all so I’m a bit worried hoping I can see it today . Not sure where he roosts I hVe so many trees 🌲 around my house I have tried to look but not been able to spot him . Why does pigeons benefit from ventilation ? What difference will this make ? I have been given a trap which I am collecting tomos . Just hope he ventured in and then can’t get back out . Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom