Pipped last night at 7pm......not much progress.

Erin80

Songster
Apr 16, 2017
This is my first hatch. One egg pipped last night, and by this morning it had made a bigger hole....enough that we can see the beak and feathers at times when it moves and can hear cheeping. It hasn’t made any progress past this though. Is this normal?

This is my first hatch. One egg pipped last night, and by this morning it had made a bigger hole....enough that we can see the beak and feathers at times when it moves and can hear cheeping. It hasn’t made any progress past this though. Is this normal?
Yeah thats normal. They rest for up to 24 hours after pipping. It takes time to absorb the yolk, and you don't want to rush that. Any yawning/chewing motions?

Ok. I have a brown egg sitting right next to my blue one that is trying to hatch. I feel like it’s too close. Should I move it? I don’t want the brown egg to interfere. You can see the pip hole in the picture.
BE0DA34C-750A-428D-B919-457B804A9526.jpeg

The hole is small and because it’s next to the brown egg, it’s really hard to see what is going on. It wiggles around a lot and cheeps, and pushes at the hole....but I can’t tell if it’s yawning or chewing motions.

It's actually good for the eggs to bump into each other. Once one gets out, it'll need to dry in the incubator before coming out, and its commotion moving around, bumping the other eggs, and peeping will encourage the others to hatch.

I’m just worried that sitting up against the brown egg will prevent it from being able to get out.

Back
Top Bottom