PLANS NEEDED! HELP!!!

anjn05

Hatching
Jul 3, 2018
I have scoured numerous sites looking for a basic plan for a 12'X6' outdoor run! Our coop is done and the chickens are getting big enough to go outside but I can't find a plan/materials list. We were hoping to start tomorrow since my husband has some time off. HELP PLEASE!

It really doesn't have to be that complicated. Here's one of my runz. Just some 4x4 fence posts, welded wire and hardware cloth. Dig in the posts, attach the fencing, put some over the top, you're done. Please note that the 2x4" welded wire will keep out most predators, but will not stop a mink or weasel. For that you need to encase the whole run in hardware cloth, and make sure there are no small gaps in your fence. Now take a deep breath and go over to the Coop and Run Design section of the forum and get some other ideas.
001.JPG

Make a frame , cover it in mesh dig under the ground a foot or two ...you need to take time to plan guys ... don’t hurry you’ll just have to redo it later

It really doesn't have to be that complicated. Here's one of my runz. Just some 4x4 fence posts, welded wire and hardware cloth. Dig in the posts, attach the fencing, put some over the top, you're done. Please note that the 2x4" welded wire will keep out most predators, but will not stop a mink or weasel. For that you need to encase the whole run in hardware cloth, and make sure there are no small gaps in your fence. Now take a deep breath and go over to the Coop and Run Design section of the forum and get some other ideas. View attachment 1455090
Perfect example!

I built my run without a plan. Take a look at it. In my coop build article. All 2x4x8'. The walls are 6'. The two feet I cut off I used as corner supports. The walls and roof built on the ground. Lifted into place. Plywood roof. Keeps out most water. Hardware cloth all around. Apron to keep out predators. Sorry I didn't document better. But it works pretty well for our 7 hens.

Attachments

• 20170529_145002.jpg
    20170529_145002.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 27
The walls have 2x4 at 2' centered. The fits 2' HW cloth perfectly. I just used poultry staples to secure. You can run the HW cloth from top down two feet past, to form the apron.

One year in it is in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom