Plastic Wrapping Runs

Ah, :he I should have thought of that. Along the sides of the coop. I don't have any wood, I will have to see if I can find some on CL.
Yes, I was going to keep the top open leaving about 1-2 feet opening. The other side is open along the side of the shed and top of Run area (with Fencing, no plastic) There really won't be any wind from that side anyway.

Ah, :he I should have thought of that. Along the sides of the coop. I don't have any wood, I will have to see if I can find some on CL.
Yes, I was going to keep the top open leaving about 1-2 feet opening. The other side is open along the side of the shed and top of Run area (with Fencing, no plastic) There really won't be any wind from that side anyway.
@aart explained how to do it very eloquently, only thing I can think to add to that would be to add a couple of pieces of duck tape on both sides of the plastic were your making the holes for the placing of the zip ties, it will help to keep the plastic from tearing in the wind.

So my tarps came and I installed two of them. One on each of the longest sides of the run. My husband didn't think the backside of the run needs covered because there is a wooden fence right behind it. We also left the front wall where the door is uncovered as well. Hopefully this will block most of any snow, rain or wind we may get. Will post a pic as soon as it gets light.

Here is what we did.

20181119_065157.jpg
20181119_065305.jpg
20181119_065217.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know an easy way to attach a section of clear plastic on the Left end of my Run. THe pic is 2 posts up. It just has Wire fence across it. No wood frame, just the Metal sides.
Would running Rope zig-zag work you think ?
Is there a way to drill some holes in the metal to attach some self tapping screws with washers to give more support the tarp so it doesn't rip. If you put screws every 10-12 inches or so, that may give some support. I was also thinking of attaching some 2x4s to the metal frame...drill holes and bolt them in place every 2 feet or so and use galvanize screws with washers to attach the tarp.

I think I may just put on the end section to the carport. I can keep the top section down for venting and there are 2 full zippers in the middle to open like a door.
It would be easier to put this on, zip up the car entrance part and then just zip closed when there is a storm coming....

hmmmm going to have to think about this a bit more... I have not found any wood as I used it all to cover the Koi pond for the Winter.

Ok I just had to finagle the one side on and then ran rope on the outer part for wind flapping control. It took longer because the fencing is up around it so I had to go in and out from the other end.
Because the bottom frame does not angle out like it should, there is excess on the end wrap. No biggie. I got it up and snow is coming tonight so blah

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_145732648[1].jpg
    IMG_20181119_145732648[1].jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 33
I've decided to wrap both of my runs in plastic this winter. Hopefully the birds will come out of the coop even in the cold. :) I'm curious to see other peoples methods of wrapping their runs. Post a picture of it too. :pop
Boy, you went to a lot of work there. I just wrapped one side- the west where the prevailing wind comes from. I've posted pics if you want to see them. Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom