Plastic Wrapping Runs

Pics
If you're coming in out of the wind, that's good...
...but if not, you might not have enough ventilation.
That looks buttoned up pretty tight.
Another decent way to tell if you have enough ventilation is to measure humidity inside coop and outside the coop, they should be pretty much the same.

There's plenty of ventilation @aart. That OPEN 4X4 door is plenty.

It seems on this site there are too many "think they know it all" chicken snobs that have nothing better to do than critique anything that is posted that didn't meet their criteria.

Well 11 F here this morning, -4 wind chill. Wind blowing about 24mph WNW then getting less as the day goes on (so Wunderground says)
Hens were NOT going out in the run. I think they are not used to the Wind making the cover noisy . I smashed up a Flock Block and went out to toss it in the run. All hens in the coop just hanging out.
Called them in the run and threw the broken up block and they came out pecking all over.
Hope this will teach them that the wind/cover noise is ok.
My one almost naked molted hen is about fully filled out so I am happy about that. And she is also out pecking.

IMG_20181122_104057588[1].jpg

This will come off late Spring as it will get too hot in there for Summer.

Last edited:
This is how my niece explained living in Texas vs Michigan.
But at least up here if the power goes out in winter, you can build a fire. :D
No AC here, heat waves about do me in....cold showers and ceiling fans.

Thought I'd die my first summer here. Our house didn't have AC, and we didn't have AC money. Ceiling fans in every room of our house. We got a system installed as soon as we could afford it.

There's plenty of ventilation @aart. That OPEN 4X4 door is plenty.

It seems on this site there are too many "think they know it all" chicken snobs that have nothing better to do than critique anything that is posted that didn't meet their criteria.

And too many sensitive people who can’t take those critiques in the helping spirit with which they were offered? I’ve looked at your photo 3 times and can’t see an open 4x4 door. You know it’s there; we, however, can’t see it. At least I can’t.

Back
Top Bottom