Plastic Wrapping Runs

Pics
I prefer the cold... You can always put more clothes on, but when you have to start taking them off, things get ugly reeeeeal fast! :eek:

Bwahahaha!!! Almost did a spit take while drinking tea and reading this post!
:lau

So true! I don't much like the heat, but I've gotten more used to it. Took me 20 years, though. And it's only gotten uglier are the years have gone by...

Thank goodness for air conditioning! That's kind of how we survive: moving from air conditioned place to air conditioned place. It's the exact opposite of how we survived winter in Edmonton, Alberta: moving from heated place to heated place.

Cryss, I got the tarps at Amazon. I posted the link in my previous post. They weren't cheap but I am hoping to be able to use them for many years to come. I need something that is easy for me to install by myself.
Thank you! As I read this thread I guess I wasn't paying as much attention to who wrote what and didn't realize that post was yours. Wish I had those today. Dangerous cold predicted for Thanksgiving day today.

Thank goodness for air conditioning! That's kind of how we survive: moving from air conditioned place to air conditioned place. It's the exact opposite of how we survived winter in Edmonton, Alberta: moving from heated place to heated place.
This is how my niece explained living in Texas vs Michigan.
But at least up here if the power goes out in winter, you can build a fire. :D
No AC here, heat waves about do me in....cold showers and ceiling fans.

6 mill plastic really working well. Can feel the warmth when I go in from outside. Picture was from a month ago, 20" snow now covering most ther lower sections.

20181104_092955.jpg

Thank you! As I read this thread I guess I wasn't paying as much attention to who wrote what and didn't realize that post was yours. Wish I had those today. Dangerous cold predicted for Thanksgiving day today.

You are very welcome! I am from PA originally and I remember those bone chilling Thanksgivings. I don't like the heat here in CA, but I don't miss those below 0 temps of PA either. I now live at 6200 ft in the mountains and it is a pretty good balance of not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter and while we do get some snow, we don't get sub zero temps and blowing snow and drifts, etc. Plus it usually starts melting after a few days. And if we get too sick of the cold and snow, we can just pop on down to Palm Springs for the day and warm our bones!

We had rain overnight so as soon as it gets light I will see how my tarps worked!

Can feel the warmth when I go in from outside.
If you're coming in out of the wind, that's good...
...but if not, you might not have enough ventilation.
That looks buttoned up pretty tight.
Another decent way to tell if you have enough ventilation is to measure humidity inside coop and outside the coop, they should be pretty much the same.

Back
Top Bottom