please help broody hen has ANTS on her and a BLACK comb?

i dont know if i should still move her there was ants on her this morning but all day long no ants should i still move her i will get you a photo of the comb

Permethrin for poultry is marketed as treating mites and lice, but it will kill ants too. If you do to your chicken what the ladies in this video do to theirs, this will kill the ants on her. You can also dust it around your coop, but be sure to wear eye/face/hand protection when you do, and don't dust while your girls are inside it; this is NOT something you want you or your chickens breathing in. The only thing I'm not certain about is its affects on the eggs; it probably shouldn't hurt them unless it somehow coats them, but Id do a little Google sleuthing to be sure.

Permethrin for poultry is marketed as treating mites and lice, but it will kill ants too. If you do to your chicken what the ladies in this video do to theirs, this will kill the ants on her. You can also dust it around your coop, but be sure to wear eye/face/hand protection when you do, and don't dust while your girls are inside it; this is NOT something you want you or your chickens breathing in. The only thing I'm not certain about is its affects on the eggs; it probably shouldn't hurt them unless it somehow coats them, but Id do a little Google sleuthing to be sure.
thanks i will watch the video should i still bring her in side or should i just leave her there if the ants are not on her right know

thanks i will watch the video should i still bring her in side or should i just leave her there if the ants are not on her right know

I'd bring her in, if she were mine. You can always dust the tote, or change the bedding, if there are still too many ants crawling around. I'm wary of giving out advice (I'd hate to steer you wrong!) but it seems pretty clear that if her comb isn't actively bleeding/rotting, and the other hens are leaving her alone, it's the ants that are causing her the most grief. Keep us updated! :fl

I'd bring her in, if she were mine. You can always dust the tote, or change the bedding, if there are still too many ants crawling around. I'm wary of giving out advice (I'd hate to steer you wrong!) but it seems pretty clear that if her comb isn't actively bleeding/rotting, and the other hens are leaving her alone, it's the ants that are causing her the most grief. Keep us updated! :fl
thanks i will bring her in and try and clear her comb up

Ok so I did not have time to wash her comb yesterday so I went out too clean it and after I cleaned it I found this on the side does it look like it’s getting better the other side still looks black and today I put some neosporin on it this morning so what’s up with her comb I think I will wait tell tomorrow to bring her in but is this good or does it look like it’s swelling

1B3A7033-F899-4CA2-8D77-6A9F5E4DAB99.jpeg
F910FED8-9E90-4885-BB6F-EAEC65FAF281.jpeg
F7E8CEBC-C091-48AD-9199-A94A61833C08.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom