Please help, chicken is being aggressive to other chickens!!

She does have these red patches but I've read quite a few things that peoples hen or pullet EE's have red

Attachments

• 20210514_171823.jpg
    20210514_171823.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 9
That one is harder than I hoped it would be. The comb is darker red than it probably should be. I don't see any saddle feathers but there are hackle feathers. In some close-ups they don't appear to be that sharp but they are not all that rounded either. Posture is fairly upright. To me that one has a strong boy feel to it.

Ok my chicken here that we previously discussed is being mean still. Actually, again. She was doing better, and now when i let them out to play in the yard she chases and pecks them. She scares them to the point of clucking bloody murder and running around like crazy. Now usually she does it when i cant see her, but sometimes they'll run for cover and hide by me, and the bully will come over and try to get to them. I push her back and tell her "NO" firmly, then pick her up and put her in the coop, and tell her "bad girl". She knows "good girl," now if she'll realize when she's mean she gets put up, that might help. Does anyone pleaseeeee have any suggestions to help me stop her from acting this way?

Ok my chicken here that we previously discussed is being mean still. Actually, again. She was doing better, and now when i let them out to play in the yard she chases and pecks them. She scares them to the point of clucking bloody murder and running around like crazy. Now usually she does it when i cant see her, but sometimes they'll run for cover and hide by me, and the bully will come over and try to get to them. I push her back and tell her "NO" firmly, then pick her up and put her in the coop, and tell her "bad girl". She knows "good girl," now if she'll realize when she's mean she gets put up, that might help. Does anyone pleaseeeee have any suggestions to help me stop her from acting this way?
I keep saying she but i guess its a he

Your Millie undoubtedly is a little cockerel, these pointy dark blue saddle feathers don't lie.

1622124030875.png

And at 14 weeks old, Millie's hormones start to kick in, so the pecking and feather pulling behaviour might well be the first mating attempts.
As your pullets already are much younger and on top mature much slower, this might develop into a real problem further on.
In case Millie does not calm down, it might be best to separate him again with your playpen method.

Your Millie undoubtedly is a little cockerel, these pointy dark blue saddle feathers don't lie.

View attachment 2690852

And at 14 weeks old, Millie's hormones start to kick in, so the pecking and feather pulling behaviour might well be the first mating attempts.
As your pullets already are much younger and on top mature much slower, this might develop into a real problem further on.
In case Millie does not calm down, it might be best to separate him again with your playpen method.
Aww, poor little baby chickies 😞 i really hope he figures himself out. Thank you for being so helpful and kind!

Back
Top Bottom