PLEASE HELP EMERGENCY AND IDK WHAT TO DO

Carson20034433

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2017
My bantam frizzle chicken (mange) is like 3 years old and she is wobbly on her legs, her comb is almost all the way white and she will not keep her eyes open long.... she usually comes running to the door and jumps up on my shoulder but today she sat there.... she wouldn’t even react to grass or grasshoppers (her two favorite things)!!!!!! PLEASE HELP

When there is a pale comb, it may be due to the fact that she is not laying, or she may be anemic. There are several reproductive problems that hens may have, such as internal laying or egg yolk peritonitis, and that may cause not laying, and many other symptoms. They can lose weight, develop swelling in the lower belly, have problems walking, or look lethargic and separate from the others. There is not cure for those. Some people try antibiotics to help or prolong life.
Right now though, I would definitely treat her with electrolytes and vitamins. Poultry NutriDrench 2 ml daily by mouth is a good one. Some can be put in the water.

When you say she "hasn't laid an egg in forever " it could point to her being egg bound or laying internally. Which might be why she is sitting around with her eyes closed not really wanting to move. Please check into these as possibilities. You've gotten a lot of good ideas here but I don't think any of us are vets. Unfortunately the longer you have chickens the more you'll gain experience diagnosing and treating them, but they often don't show any symptoms until they are very badly off.

Thanks I’m gonna get some vitamins and diatomaceous earth tonite
If you did have a mite problem diatomaceous earth will NOT cure it. Many people believe in it as a preventative, but that is a controversial opinion. It is a fact that DE is very bad for all lungs.

Universally it is understood that you'll need to kill a significant outbreak of mites with Poultry Dust or spray. This is not the time to start dusting a significant respiratory irritant all over the coop and a sick bird "just in case". You can research and decide for yourself about DE when no one is sick.

Good luck please keep us posted.

PLEase someone help I want to save this chicken I lost one of my wyandottes last week due to a infection caught by a open wound please help

Is that it!??? It seems like all of the symptoms almost idk what a couple of them words mean they are to big and sophisticated

Attachments

• E4C86C23-E798-4D12-AC37-74573771809C.png
    E4C86C23-E798-4D12-AC37-74573771809C.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom