Please help. I have a hen with a swollen crop

shadetreemom

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
My hen, Blue, was mopey a few weeks ago with a swollen crop. It was full of liquid, not firm like the other chickens. After I researched here she got some oil and yogurt and a massage. I separated her, offering only a tiny amount of yogurt and oil with a couple of massages. After 2 days she was eating pellets mixed with her yogurt, and acting hungry for more. Within 5 days I put her back with the others. Her crop was still a little soft, but not so swollen, and she was in great spirits...

Until Monday. She didn't come running back to the coop when I called. After a search she was found, and apparently okay, but sluggish. So she got put in isolation again. She has eaten nothing since then, and is drinking very little. Looking pitiful, laying down. Her poo is runny green - and has been since the beginning, although it thickened up some while I thought she was getting better.

Now I don't know what to do. I have rubbed her crop, she gurgled up liquid, but it didn't seem to help as much as it did before. What else should I do? What can I give her?
hu.gif

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom