PLEASE HELP! INJURED/SICK PULLET

goldie11

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2016
I'm very new to chicken owning. My light Brahma who is 7 weeks old is lethargic and looking very sick. Ive seen loss of feathers and feather discoloration. At first i thought she got pooped on but now i think it might be blood from being pecked! Her eye is very swollen and looks messed up!! PLEASE HELP!

Quarantine her asap. All you can really do is keep her warm, and feed and water her. Other than that you can take her to the vet. Also very small amounts of baby Tylenol might help but be very careful.

Quarantine her asap. All you can really do is keep her warm, and feed and water her. Other than that you can take her to the vet. Also very small amounts of baby Tylenol might help but be very careful.

I just quarantined her. After examining at her I think it might be poop stains on her feathers because shes been sick and lethargic and lying on the ground. I think the others may have pooped on her from the roost. But im treating her with some colloidal silver around the eye (which i heard was really good for eye problems). I also put VetRx in her water to soothe any respiratory issues until i can get my hands on some Tylan. Just wondering if i should treat the whole flock with tylan instead of just her since they have been showing some respiratory symptoms also? Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom