Please help! Lethargic silkie!

Hello everyone! Okay so I have another question. Pongo isn’t showing a crazy amount of improvement and it is Day 5 of the Corid treatment. Should I continue the treatments for a few days more or stop now and give her some nutrients/probiotics? Also, any opinions in the raw egg idea? Thank yal!

Yes, I have given raw egg when it seemed better than a cooked egg. I would continue the Corid for a full 7 days. She could have the probiotics now as long as she is taking enough of the medicated liquid. If she is still weak, the Corid can be given at 1/3 the dose for Nother 5 days then stop. Is she eating much? Egg is something they will usually take when very sick.

Yes, I have given raw egg when it seemed better than a cooked egg. I would continue the Corid for a full 7 days. She could have the probiotics now as long as she is taking enough of the medicated liquid. If she is still weak, the Corid can be given at 1/3 the dose for Nother 5 days then stop. Is she eating much? Egg is something they will usually take when very sick.
From what I know, she is eating very little. I might try some egg. I think that she really needs the protein! I will continue Corid. Thank you so much for your help!

I use Harrison's Recovery when I have a bird that isn't eating. My vet recommended it, and I'm glad she did. It's expensive - cheaper w/ Amazon, if you can Prime it - but they'll usually eat it up. You can mix the constancy to however thin or thick you'd like it. If thin enough, you could dropper it into her mouth.

I use Harrison's Recovery when I have a bird that isn't eating. My vet recommended it, and I'm glad she did. It's expensive - cheaper w/ Amazon, if you can Prime it - but they'll usually eat it up. You can mix the constancy to however thin or thick you'd like it. If thin enough, you could dropper it into her mouth.
Ok! I’ll check it out. Thanks!

My recipe for either giving meds or feeding a sick chicken, is simply chicken crumbles or pellets mixed with a lot of water, and raw egg mixed in. Add a spoonful of plain yogurt once every other day for probiotics, and they usually eat it all. Soft scrambled egg is a real favorite food of mine from being young chicks.

My recipe for either giving meds or feeding a sick chicken, is simply chicken crumbles or pellets mixed with a lot of water, and raw egg mixed in. Add a spoonful of plain yogurt once every other day for probiotics, and they usually eat it all. Soft scrambled egg is a real favorite food of mine from being young chicks.
Ok! I am going to go and make that now!

Hello everyone!
This morning I made Pongo a “drink” that consisted of lots of water, her feed, and a bit of raw egg. She happily took when I dropped-fed it this morning. Fast forward to tonight:
When I went down to give the nightly medication, I believe she was on the brink of death. But, I don’t think it was because of the Coccisidis. I am certain that it was just just pure fatigue and lack of nutrition. So, I immediately picked her up and offered the drink that I mixed up this morning. To my great surprise, she began (by herself:ya) gulping the mixture down! I assume she drank at least a few teaspoons! I also gave her a few drops of Corid to kill the rest of the infection. I feel so good knowing that she went to bed with a full crop and belly! I will do my very best to update tomorrow! Thank you again @Eggcessive for all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom