PLEASE HELP!!! My hen looks like she is dying.

Axton

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 29, 2014
she looks horrid and her comb is blackish. Is there any way I can help her. I have brought her inside. She has eaten and drank, so I hope she will be alright. Is there anything else I can do?

try to give her some water with a dash of sugar in it. if she wont drink it get a kitten bottle with a long nipple and drop it into her mouth. as for food...if she stops eating take some chicken feed and water and mix it up really good(you can also add sugar to that...but not too much) take a toothpick and set some of the mixture on her tongue.

Need more info to try to figure her out. How old is she? Is she laying regularly? Is she on a regular deworming schedule? Have you checked her very carefully for lice/mites? Does she feel thin? Do you live in an area where the blackened comb could indicate frost bite? Are there any other symptoms such as wheezing, coughing or any other odd respiratory sounds?

I dont know, she has survived the first night just fine, but she is just sitting around.

this is her, she has been like this all day. whenever I move here, she goes right back here.

she is about 9 months old, and I think she is laying normally, because in the summer, we get about 6 eggs per day, and we have 5 laying hens. Either one or two are laying much faster than normal, or she is laying just fine. which i think is more likely. she is also eating and drinking just fine. I don't know about the frostbite, but I am in Gorham Maine and I may have overlooked something.

she also is having diahriah and only poking 2-3 times per day PLEASE HELP!!!

Back
Top Bottom