PLEASE help my little chick!!!

graciegoat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
I posted in the Raising Baby Chicks forum, but thought I'd post here too. One of my 10 three day old chicks has suddenly become sick. They were all doing perfect from the time I opened the shipping box, but suddenly this Barred Rock started staying still and not moving.
She is standing rather than laying down. Not eating or drinking. She does not have pasty butt, however it looked like a tiny string of poop was hanging off her behind, so I wiped it off and rubbed her butt w/ a warm, wet cloth.
She is still in the brooder, but we put a separate box in there and put her in that. It is 93 directly under the light.
We are very worried about her and looking for any advice!
Thanks!!

Thanks, luvmypets. I will look for this tomorrow if she (hopefully!!!) makes it through the night.

I posted in the Raising Baby Chicks forum, but thought I'd post here too. One of my 10 three day old chicks has suddenly become sick. They were all doing perfect from the time I opened the shipping box, but suddenly this Barred Rock started staying still and not moving.
She is standing rather than laying down. Not eating or drinking. She does not have pasty butt, however it looked like a tiny string of poop was hanging off her behind, so I wiped it off and rubbed her butt w/ a warm, wet cloth.
She is still in the brooder, but we put a separate box in there and put her in that. It is 93 directly under the light.
We are very worried about her and looking for any advice!
Thanks!!
Warm water and a teaspoon of sugar works to boost there energy

Back
Top Bottom