PLEASE HELP! Need ideas for Very small coop feeders and waterers!

briter30

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
I am in a loss and am hoping you guys can help me. I have a very small chicken tractor that measures 3' wide, 3' high, and 8' long. It is triangular shape with a small nesting area on top / back of run (I woud post pics but I am new to sight and backyardchickens will not let me post pics until I have 10 posts). Anyway, as everyone mentions, the waterer and feeder are getting in the way and contaminated. I have looked at the hanging feeders/waterers but they seem to take up a lot of room that is needed in this small coop. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or PICS they could share of pvc pipe feeders or waterers or anything else that can be easily accessed from outside the run area (so I don't have to crawl inside the small tractor) and save me some space! Thanks.

I didn't know chickens could drink from bottle waterers. What a great idea!
Stupid question coming....Couldn't they get their tongues caught?
idunno.gif

for our brooder, we used the threaded water nipples, and I mounted them in 20 oz soda bottles with a hole cut out of the bottom to allow for refilling. Would work with a 2 liter bottle also.

Quote:
I use these in small coops too. Buckets in the bigger coops. I love those things. Always have clean water.

Last edited:
Do you know if the soda bottle can be placed at an angle? I have an A-frame chicken tractor?

Back
Top Bottom