Please Help!! Silkie Chicken head really injured

Meg-in-MT

Enabler
Jan 29, 2018
SW Montana
You can use a moist q-tip or soft cloth to try and remove some of the clotted blood around the wound so you can see it better. Do you have someone that can help you with her. You're going to be hard pressed to get a bandage on her head. Just keep the wound from drying out with a triple antibiotic ointment. Do you have a dog or cat crate that you can keep her in inside? I would not put her back in with the others unless they cannot get to her. Keep her warm and dry and the wound from drying out, she will probably be fine.

Jan 30, 2021
Houston
You can use a moist q-tip or soft cloth to try and remove some of the clotted blood around the wound so you can see it better. Do you have someone that can help you with her. You're going to be hard pressed to get a bandage on her head. Just keep the wound from drying out with a triple antibiotic ointment. Do you have a dog or cat crate that you can keep her in inside? I would not put her back in with the others unless they cannot get to her. Keep her warm and dry and the wound from drying out, she will probably be fine.
She has one of those plastic bins you can use as a brooder. It's in the very first pic.

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
I would not bandage it or wrap it. Leave it open to air. Vetericyn wound spray is good to spray on the wounds, and won’t hurt eyes. Saline would also work. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment is very good to put on twice a day.

I would keep her inside a dog crate with food and water secured, inside the coop with the other birds, after you watch her inside for a day or so. She would be more comfortable around the other birds, but without danger of getting pecked. She should heal okay unless she has internal damage to her brain or her eyes.

Top Bottom