Please Help!!!

If she is having problems getting food and water then you need to help her. You can make a donut out of a towel place your duckling down into it feet first and put her own food and water right up to her face [when I say up to her face you want to make sure she can't lay her head in the water she could drown] so she can eat and drink she still may need help though. I use to have a great thread on wry neck in ducklings and my computer died last Friday and I lost it. Prednisone was one of the things she used to help her duck though.

If she is having problems getting food and water then you need to help her. You can make a donut out of a towel place your duckling down into it feet first and put her own food and water right up to her face [when I say up to her face you want to make sure she can't lay her head in the water she could drown] so she can eat and drink she still may need help though. I use to have a great thread on wry neck in ducklings and my computer died last Friday and I lost it. Prednisone was one of the things she used to help her duck though.
Thank you! Thankfully she can still eat and drink, I still encourage her every so often.

Started prednisone today. She is also on vitamin E and Poly-vi-sol. I have no idea how much vitamin e to give her. I gave her a first dose of one 400IU into her beak. Should I do this once a day? Or is that too much?

Wow! I don't know whether or not this is a coincidence, but 15 minutes after 2 ml of prednisone she's begun to hold her head up!
It's not perfect yet, but it's a hopeful sign!

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    769.3 KB · Views: 11
So she currently is on 2Ml of prednisone a day. A little over half a ml of poly-vi-sol into her water each time I refill it. Basil in her feed, and vitamin E-maybe one caplse a day? I'm not sure if that's too much.
Should I put her on niacin, brewers yeast, or anything else as well? I don't want to give her too much of one thing.
The vet said I was on the right track with the polyvisol, prednisone, and vitamin E....

Back
Top Bottom