Please Help!!!

Pics
I'm just trying to decide where to let the ducks stay while I'm in Nicaragua this week. They could stay in the plastic tub, which requires frequent cleaning and is a little on the small side, (my mom prefers not to do the upkeep as she's already taking care of all the medications for her)
Or put them outside in the 'dog kennel' with the rabbit during the day and let them sleep during the night inside. My only concern is that the last time she was outside all day it literally exhausted her.
Any thoughts?

What type of set up out side you mean the run of the yard? If in a dog kennel how large maybe if you give her a space of her own in there where she can still see everyone so she isn't lonely but want be able to move around too much to exhaust her. out of heat and sun.

Well aside from our chicken coop/fenced in run, I usually merge my ducks at this age with the rabbit. Ours is a little wider than the one below and is covered uptop, it also has a dog igloo to go in and out of. It's also cemented. The ducks would have to bunk with a rabbit and a turtle. Is that better than the plastic tub? The tub has the benefit of shavings and may be more comfortable for laying down.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
That's sad.

Wish I knew what else would help but unless your willing to go to tube feeding to get nourishment, Just keep on encouraging her to eat. Maybe she'd take in feed if it was a soupy mix.

Just got home...poor girl is a quarter of the size of the other duckling I bought at the same time. Her neck is crinked even tighter and she spins in circles. She can hardly eat/drink.
She's VERY hot. Is it dumb to gently put her in cold water to cool her down? I'm afraid she dying. Going to try soupy feed as often as I can. Any final words of advice? I'm going to wrap her when I feed her, and I separated her from Dizzy...I don't know what else to do dor her.

If it was neurological wouldn't she have had it when she hatched? It showed up at like week two....

When I first saw her today the first thought I had was that she needs to be put out of her misery. Is there still a chance she can come back?

Back
Top Bottom