Please Help!!!

Pics
She is taking the soupy mesh wonderfully. I wish she didn't resist the wrap so much. She won't eat with it on
That's sad.

Wish I knew what else would help but unless your willing to go to tube feeding to get nourishment, Just keep on encouraging her to eat. Maybe she'd take in feed if it was a soupy mix.

Oh, poor girl... :hugs

Don't put her in cold water, if she is super hot then that can put her into shock... and I wouldn't put her whole body in... maybe just set her feet and legs in lukewarm water, see if that helps... slowly cool the water more if it does...

Okay, I'll be sure to do that. It's mostly her neck that's hot now, but it may help regardless.
Oh, poor girl... :hugs

Don't put her in cold water, if she is super hot then that can put her into shock... and I wouldn't put her whole body in... maybe just set her feet and legs in lukewarm water, see if that helps... slowly cool the water more if it does...

You know these decisions can only be made by us, but if she is gone down that much it maybe time.
Yes she could have had this when she hatched and it took a few weeks for it to really get going, Niacin def can be the same way.
None of us can tell you what to do if she isn't eating though she is starving to death.
A vet or tube feeding my help bring her back hard to know from here. Who has been caring for her while you were gone? did they get her to eat or drink at all?

I agree with Amiga can you try and find a rehabbers or vet tech who is trained to help sick or injured birds?

Poor girl isn't pooping. At all. I'm feeding her as much as I can, I'm not sure how much she's getting or if she's just chewing it and letting it fall back into the bowl. Her legs are often splayed, which my sister recognizes as a neurological issue...which probably won't get better. So sad, I was so excited to get a crested duck and now I probably won't ever get another if this is common in them.

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 7
I just don't understand how a perfectly normal duckling, peeping, swimming, driving, pea obsessed duckling could turn into this in a matter of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom