Please Help!!!

It's very sad and too bad more people aren't aware of the problems that can come from having a crested. If she isn't pooping I think I would euthanize her she has to be miserable. If you can't do it call a vet. I am so sorry for her and for you. Yes love on her as much as you can and let her know she is special.

Poor girl isn't pooping. At all. I'm feeding her as much as I can, I'm not sure how much she's getting or if she's just chewing it and letting it fall back into the bowl. Her legs are often splayed, which my sister recognizes as a neurological issue...which probably won't get better. So sad, I was so excited to get a crested duck and now I probably won't ever get another if this is common in them.

I would try tube feeding her... it sounds scary, but it's really not that hard...

@casportpony can you post your team tube feeding link here, please? I can't find anything on this site anymore... :(

If I were going to tube that one I would start by making sure she was warm because tubing one that's chilled can kill it. Next I would weigh her and tube no more than 8 ml water per pound, then repeat in 60-90 minutes if crop has mostly cleared, then again in two hours. I would not tube food until I saw her produce some type of poop.

Back
Top Bottom