Please keep us in your thoughts... We had to put one of horses down...

My condolences
sad.png

hit.gif
I'm so sorry you had to make that difficult decision
hugs.gif
We had to put our 34yr old Appy down a few years ago. It was painful decision but I knew she wasn't in pain anymore.

Sorry for your loss but you made the right choices. Our animals become part of our families. When my cutting horse dead in a freak accident I cried for weeks. But then several years later I got another one and she part of the family now.

Thank You to everyone for your kind words and assurance that I had made the right decision.

Animals are absolutely amazing. My vet suggested that I let Chantilly (my Belgian) come near him so that she would know. So I brought near him. She called to him a few times. He did not respond. I put her back in the field. She came to fence a few times after he was dead and then moved on. It was as if Chantilly accepted his departure. Because it was just the two of them, the vet thought it best that she see him through the process.

Fortunately for Chantilly we have the 4 goats which are her shadows that will keep her company. Can not really think about getting another horse at this time.

Thanks again!!

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your lost and can only imagine the grief you are going through. God bless to you and your family during this time.

So sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful horse. I remember seeing his pic in another of your postings and thought he was a looker. You did the right thing, even though it hurt. That's what made you a good friend to him. My your heart heal quickly and know - we all here understand he was more than "just a horse".
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom