Please pray for my brother...

I'll add him and your family to my prayers. I am so sorry this horrible accident happened to him and hope his recovery goes as smoothly as it can. Please keep us updated.

I was able to see him yesterday! He is very sore and has alot of pain. He's on a morphine drip and is therefore groggy and prone to dozing off but he seems to be in pretty good spirits overall. He knows just how blessed he is to be alive. He told me he had actually started to air that tire soon after he got there early in the morning but got sidetracked. It was so fortunate as there was no one else there till later in the morning. My older brother was one of the people there when it happened, he says it sounded like a shotgun went off and then Jason was just screaming for him. My older brother is having a hard time with everything, Jason was in such pain he was screaming for Todd to just shoot him. Wow, I tear up just typing that, I feel so horrible that he was in such agony. Even though he's a 32 year old man, a husband and a father he's still my baby brother. He also told me he keeps replaying it over & over in his head too. I know that's pretty normal and will pass in time. I hope it does soon as he will need to focus on recovering when they finish the surgeries. The first surgery was to fix the finger which he should regain about 80% use of and limited feeling. They also worked on the lower arm. I am still a bit unclear as to what has been done to his knee up until this point. I know it will require a couple more surgeries. The force of wheel hitting the knee knocked the knee cap to the back of his leg, breaking the femur (thigh bone) and breaking both lower leg bones. They had not done anything with the upper arm bone which is shattered. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow @ 7:30am where they will do more work to the knee and piece the upper arm together using a plate. I am impatient for the surgeries to be over so he can focus on healing though I do know he is in the best hands possible. My SIL has been great as far as forwarding information from the hospital. She's usually prone to lots of emotion/ drama (she'll tell you she's a drama queen
smile.png
) but I am so proud of how she's been handling everything. Between her side of the family & ours we've been taking care of the boys (7yo & 10mo) so she can be with Jason the majority of the day.
Thank you all for your support! I will keep you all updated.

Back
Top Bottom