please say a lil prayer for my lil chuck :-(

chooketychook

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2013
Shropshire
Hiya ive just come back from the emergency vets with my 2 week old blue silkie,I came home today and he was just flat lieing in his food bowl, the vets said we can put him down for free or we can give him meds for £136 =O....well I dont have that kind of money but I want him to have a chance,so here I am I have him tooked in my shirt im feeding him mash and water via syringe every 30mins and will do all day and night! I really dont want to loose him I feel guilty I didnt notice earlier I just thought he was quiet because he was low in the pecking order,another chicken lesson learned....please say a lil chicken prayer xxx

Best of luck with your little guy. Don't feel guilty...sounds like you're doing the best you can. I hope he pulls through.

Prayers coming your way now! What did the vet say was wrong with your baby and how are you treating her? Just curious. I hope all goes well and she gets better! God bless

Thank you guys,im just keeping him tooked in my shirt and giving him cooled down boiled water and chick started made into a slush and basically force feeding him (gently) apart from that I dont know what I can do ive only had chickens for approx 11weeks and this is my first encounter with them ...if anyone has and suggestions on what I can do id be really grateful x

That's awful! Do you think it might have coccidosis? Symptoms for cocci are sleepiness lethergie ruffled feathers and may or may not have bloody poo. Bloody poo is not present in all cases of cocci.if these symptoms match you can try giving corid.corid kills all 9 strains of cocci. because she is not taking liquid you will have to Administer the medicine into the water and give it by syringe. Does she have the above symptoms? If yes you can try the corid as soon as possible.I truly hope she gets well. Best wishes

That's awful! Do you think it might have coccidosis? Symptoms for cocci are sleepiness lethergie ruffled feathers and may or may not have bloody poo. Bloody poo is not present in all cases of cocci.if these symptoms match you can try giving corid.corid kills all 9 strains of cocci. because she is not taking liquid you will have to Administer the medicine into the water and give it by syringe. Does she have the above symptoms? If yes you can try the corid as soon as possible.I truly hope she gets well. Best wishes

Thats exactly her symtoms she just wont wake up even when im feeding her she swollows then goes straight back to sleep,ive never heard of corid can you buy it from a supermarket? Or make it,im from the uk and the only thing in the pet stores are poultry tonic and food x

In the UK I believe Its called amprolium you should be able to find this at the feed store. Amprolium and corid are the same. Call you're local feed store and ask if they have amprolium let them know its for treating coccidosis and they should tell you the brand name.it could be called AMPROL. Hope this helps let me know if they have it. In UK it might go under Amprol.

Your very welcome and I'm praying she make it too! Please please keep me posted! Your in my thoughts.corid amprol and amprolium are all the same meds. If I remember correctly the UK calls it Amprol. Best of luck! And let me know what happens. I'll be praying!

Back
Top Bottom