Please say this normal?

CHECK ME OUT!

Made it... this one is a SPAZ and you guys say don't move the eggs but little Hyper Diaper here came out and started trying to run a marathon. Rearranged my whole incubator. Tried to get brother's and sisters out while dragging the shell behind (now not attached)

So my question is... one had pipped shortly after this one and is now turned over after rolling around the whole incubator twice with this chick. What now? Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20231221_182943.jpg
    IMG_20231221_182943.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 10
CHECK ME OUT!

Made it... this one is a SPAZ and you guys say don't move the eggs but little Hyper Diaper here came out and started trying to run a marathon. Rearranged my whole incubator. Tried to get brother's and sisters out while dragging the shell behind (now not attached)

So my question is... one had pipped shortly after this one and is now turned over after rolling around the whole incubator twice with this chick. What now? Lol.
Congrats on this cutie pie!! :clap 💓 It's normal for eggs to get jostled around inside the machine from chicks running around so no need to worry. I am going to incorporate this rope thing from @gimmie birdies in the future to keep eggs in their place...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/january-2024-hatch-a-long.1606484/post-27372641

Keep us posted on the rest of your hatch! :jumpy

Congrats on this cutie pie!! :clap 💓 It's normal for eggs to get jostled around inside the machine from chicks running around so no need to worry. I am going to incorporate this rope thing from @gimmie birdies in the future to keep eggs in their place...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/january-2024-hatch-a-long.1606484/post-27372641

Keep us posted on the rest of your hatch! :jumpy
@gimmie birdies ... brilliant. @TwoCrows Thank you for sharing and helping me through this. How long should I leave the chick in the incubator and when should I worry about the other pipped one?

@gimmie birdies ... brilliant. @TwoCrows Thank you for sharing and helping me through this. How long should I leave the chick in the incubator and when should I worry about the other pipped one?
How is the pipped egg? Babies need to stay in the incubator until fully dry and technically can stay in there a couple of days. Before hatching they absorb the last if the egg yolk and this sustains them for a couple of days.

How is the pipped egg? Babies need to stay in the incubator until fully dry and technically can stay in there a couple of days. Before hatching they absorb the last if the egg yolk and this sustains them for a couple of days.
#2 out and healthy as of 6am! 3rd pipped this morning too. 4th egg is rocking, 5th still movement and 6th, well, not seeing much bit could be a little more reserved lol.

Sure is taking awhile for them to obsorb that yolk. From pip to zip is becoming torture for me. Lol. #3 seems like a BIG chick compared to the other 2. Thanks again everyone.

#2 out and healthy as of 6am! 3rd pipped this morning too. 4th egg is rocking, 5th still movement and 6th, well, not seeing much bit could be a little more reserved lol.

Sure is taking awhile for them to obsorb that yolk. From pip to zip is becoming torture for me. Lol. #3 seems like a BIG chick compared to the other 2. Thanks again everyone.
Congrats on a successful hatch! :jumpy Yes it takes a while to absorb the yolk, they also spend time detaching themselves from the inside of the shell. Lots going on before hatching. Keep us posted on the others and enjoy your babies!

Congrats on a successful hatch! :jumpy Yes it takes a while to absorb the yolk, they also spend time detaching themselves from the inside of the shell. Lots going on before hatching. Keep us posted on the others and enjoy your babies!
Just went to check on the big one. It wasn't breathing. Omg. Why am I so Flippin sad? I got him out and the took the other ones to the brooder box before any more pipped, cleaned out the shells quickly, shut it back down and did an eggtopsy. Big beautiful, yellow, 1/2 yolk absorbed but not breathing. Ouch. I mean ouch. How did I get so attached to a little frozen egg?

Just went to check on the big one. It wasn't breathing. Omg. Why am I so Flippin sad? I got him out and the took the other ones to the brooder box before any more pipped, cleaned out the shells quickly, shut it back down and did an eggtopsy. Big beautiful, yellow, 1/2 yolk absorbed but not breathing. Ouch. I mean ouch. How did I get so attached to a little frozen egg?
Oh I am so sorry, :hugs I get this way too, horribly attached, no matter the age of the bird. 💔 Generally if they pip but don't hatch, the humidity was too low or the vents weren't open enough to provide adequate oxygen. Keep in mind too that hatching is the first test on life, hatching is exhausting. Not all chicks make it to adulthood. :hugs

Oh I am so sorry, :hugs I get this way too, horribly attached, no matter the age of the bird. 💔 Generally if they pip but don't hatch, the humidity was too low or the vents weren't open enough to provide adequate oxygen. Keep in mind too that hatching is the first test on life, hatching is exhausting. Not all chicks make it to adulthood. :hugs
Thank you. Could it have been the humidity was too high?

Back
Top Bottom