Please say this normal?

Still playing the waiting game.
Come on eggies, let's get your hatch on!

Good Morning Hello GIF by PBS KIDS

Come on eggies, let's get your hatch on!

Good Morning Hello GIF by PBS KIDS
I know, apparently a watched egg never hatches. My incubator took a crap on me so I had to buy another one. I let it get up to temp and humidity and swapped real quick. I tried to keep them in the same position they were in. The little guys have been rolling around but air sacs don't seem much bigger if any..

I know, apparently a watched egg never hatches. My incubator took a crap on me so I had to buy another one. I let it get up to temp and humidity and swapped real quick. I tried to keep them in the same position they were in. The little guys have been rolling around but air sacs don't seem much bigger if any..
What day are you on? Have you candled recently to make sure they are alive?

What day are you on? Have you candled recently to make sure they are alive?
Well, I am day 23 or 24. But someone said they may develop slowed due to being frozen. Eggs were moving quite a bit and have stopped or at least stopped moving as much. I didn't think I was supposed to candle during lockdown?

OK. So I took a peep... and am still scatching my head.. All still alive. 2 pipped internally and of those 2, 1 had a boney shadow.. more crisp and boney looking. The other one I couldn't tell what was what... 2 other eggs had small air sacs still and 1 had an 18wk looking sac.. The other air sac very large but no pip. (Omg... why didn't I take pics... I'm an idiot)

OK. So I took a peep... and am still scatching my head.. All still alive. 2 pipped internally and of those 2, 1 had a boney shadow.. more crisp and boney looking. The other one I couldn't tell what was what... 2 other eggs had small air sacs still and 1 had an 18wk looking sac.. The other air sac very large but no pip. (Omg... why didn't I take pics... I'm an idiot)
Sounds like things are still on track. Make sure your humidity is up, no turning eggs, vents are wide open. Since there is an internal pip, external pipping should happen soon. Don't open the lid unless it's absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom