Please show me close ups of your slanted roof

the top

EI9XZh58wdwuhiN14ocgkRNyWsiRVYslsRasrqUWNNMLAYspN

it ended up using about 200 screws with the neoprene washers. i cut everything so that the roofing overhangs the structure by an inch and a half and if you notice in the photo of the front, they make a contoured foam for the roofing and i used that to secure the gaps at the front and rear walls of the run to keep critters out and along the sidewalls i just put strips of the 1*2's between the pearlngs and it happend to land under a valley so it sealed itself basically. the pearlings are every 24 inches on center and the roofing is screwed into them on every other rib.

Last edited:
helpful pics, thegreatwhite. thanks for posting those. did you cut that front beam into sections to fit in between the rafters. I am having a hard time understanding how the rafters are supported. It may be my untrained eyes and I don't even know the proper vocabulary to ask the right questions!

that white pvc actually looks like painted metal in some of the photos. maybe i will use that too. I wasn't thrilled with the way it looked at the stores but your pics look nice. Like that green a lot.

yes, the front and rear beams are sections cut to fit in between the rafters. the roof is actually a beige color, it's just not showing well in the photos. it took me a bit to figure out the roofing/rafter system too. i did have to go back with a grinder and grind off the ends of the roofing screws, i had to use 1 1/2" screws which were a slight bit too long, but there was no 1 1/4 option and 1" was too short

Last edited:
it ended up using about 200 screws with the neoprene washers.  i cut everything so that the roofing overhangs the structure by an inch and a half and if you notice in the photo of the front, they make a contoured foam for the roofing and i used that to secure the gaps at the front and rear walls of the run to keep critters out and along the sidewalls i just put strips of the 1*2's between the pearlngs and it happend to land under a valley so it sealed itself basically.  the pearlings are every 24 inches on center and the roofing is screwed into them on every other rib.

Yes, the foam stuff is what I'm thinking of. that helps. My cross 2x2s are 27" on center, with a total area of 12x8' to cover.

A friend thinks some plywood down 1st would make installation easier - thoughts? I'm trying to post a pic to give you an idea.

Silly question: did you climb on top of throof to screw things in?

Back
Top Bottom