Please sign this petition against TSCs new brooders

Pics
Well at 200 a pop, if they sell them individually used, I'd imagine they may be 150?
Oh no, the $200 ones are their home versions that are a smaller footprint and only one tier. I’ve looked at the store ones, and their 5 levels didn’t seem to come apart. (That I could see, I could be wrong) The in-store version is more of an industrial grade. I’m sure those cost TSC some beaucoup bucks when they bought them. 5 tiers of the home version would still set you back $1,000!

Oh no, the $200 ones are their home versions that are a smaller footprint and only one tier. I’ve looked at the store ones, and their 5 levels didn’t seem to come apart. (That I could see, I could be wrong) The in-store version is more of an industrial grade. I’m sure those cost TSC some beaucoup bucks when they bought them. 5 tiers of the home version would still set you back $1,000!
Ah, okay. I thought the footprint was the same size. I knew it was per tier though

For what it's worth .... I have three TSC's in three little towns around me. I have been to all three since chick days started and they haven't had any problems with the new brooders from what I have been told or have seen. They were all clean and didn't have any dead chicks laying about like some folks have reported. (I think that was on here anyway) The heat plates, in all three stores, were set to where the chicks just had to duck a little to get under them. They all lost a few chicks but nothing of the magnitude that is being published on BYC. I think it's more of a shipping problem in some areas than anything else, but that's just my opinion.

We have chicks coming in May and have decided to make an eight hour road trip out of it and go pick our new employees up rather than trust the USPS to get them here on time and in good shape.

Last edited:
I have bought chicks from hatcheries in the past. Only once did I have a dead chick in them. All other times they were great. I did call my post office and let them know I was expecting some chicks and as soon as they arrived they called me to come and get them. I did get a refund for the dead chick.

If you watched the above video you will know that our petition DID work. TSC is addressing the issues with the brooders by:
Monitoring the inside temperature with thermometers in each brooder

A shift Chick Captain who watches the birds

Employees all wearing ear pieces to monitor bird health

Installing puppy pee pads under the grates to insulate the floor

Putting up signage for transparency to all customers

I'm sure theres more that I missed but while the man who started the petition didnt feel all his questions were answered our collective concerns have been addressed and are being looked into. Thank you everyone who helped with this cause. While we did have some nay sayers, I think we proved a point that something as simple as a petition CAN make change. I urge you all to keep an eye out for those birds so they stay happy and healthy. I'm very happy that TSC is trying to do the right thing.

Feel free to post anything you have seen regarding these bad brooder set ups.
I think the new brooder set up is a superior choice and another LFS has been using that style for years.. I wonder how much I can get one for. :oops: Noting.. the TSC ones might be an even better design. The chicks seem far LESS stressed to me than previously.. And therefor I do NOT consider those installed recently at TSC as a "bad brooder set up".. and I'm SO excited that my local TSC also got the upgrades! :wee

All I ever saw before was complaints about over crowding and dirty brooders.. Who can win when we're damned if we do and damned if we don't... why even try? Is there ANY such thing as perfection.. AND would MY time be better spent making practical suggestion to improve the new system that Bee yatching about what they didn't get right in they're attempt at overall improvement.. SMH.. Shame on them for TRYING something.. anything.. IDK.. I'm disappointed they've been sold out of Purina Flock raiser in favor of the wide array of new poultry feed products being offered.. AT LEAST they now sell duck and game bird starter they previously did not.. well, basically I can find plenty to gripe about too.. I'm sorry you truly don't like the new set up and glad you're taking SOME action to change that.. With all my heart, thank you for caring and best wishes on your journey/adventure towards a better chick future and peace of mind!:fl

Don't panic. As with anything new, there's a learning curve and they are in that stage now and have learned a great deal. I talked with one of the managers yesterday and he told me that they had to get some experience with the heat adjustment and to protect the consumer, many of the TSC operations are quarantining new arrivals for 24 hours int he same tanks they used to use. I also found out that the USPS delivered 500 chicks to my local store on Sunday. They always come on Monday so the store was not prepared for this. Some of the problems are being traced back to shipping. If you don't trust the system, buy elsewhere.

Well, my first reaction to watching that video is, that guy is a pompas ***. Actually, that's my second reaction too
Can you please edit your post for language? This is a family site. I do agree he's got a tude. I thought when he said they reached out to him they were gonna say cease and desist but they generally addressed his concerns

Back
Top Bottom