Please sign this petition against TSCs new brooders

Pics
We went into our local TSC recently and I'm happy to report I only saw one with pasty butt and they all appeared warm. There was a thermometer in each brooder, puppy pads on the floor and the employees all had chick monitoring mics. However they only were using 4 or 5 of the brooders and they were VERY overcrowded. I'm very sorry with what you witnessed at your store. I recommend you reach out to someone higher up if you see it again.
I’m going to call corporate.

Went to the TSC in Horseheads NY with my mother the other day. Just to look. She lit into the sales people. Way too many chicks in each level. Pasty butt all over the place. Some appeared to be weeks older than others in the same pen. So full that the ones on the outside are smashed against the window. She went after them so bad it was almost embarrassing but they deserved it.

I've been to a few TSC stores recently, and haven't noticed anything cruel with the new brooders. Chicks were all the same ages, no dead chicks, all had food and water, one with pasty butt, However, I saw the pasty butt often in the previous brooding system, and have seen it at other feed stores as well. Ducklings had a mess on the plastic windows, but nothing unusually messy, for ducklings. The local TSC feeds organic chick starter.

I mentioned pages ago that these are the traditional brooder design, not an awful new item. The issues seem to be in learning to use them, which is a management problem, from the top down. Employees need instructions! And if an individual store manager, and overworked, underpaid staff, don't know enough about setting these brooders up correctly, and don't have motivation or time to manage them, it will be bad.
The old stock tank brooders worked well, or very badly, again, depending on staff and management. And it was too easy for customers to get to the chicks, also not better.
This year, again, USPS has major problems shipping the live birds!
Mary

Went to the TSC in Horseheads NY with my mother the other day. Just to look. She lit into the sales people. Way too many chicks in each level. Pasty butt all over the place. Some appeared to be weeks older than others in the same pen. So full that the ones on the outside are smashed against the window. She went after them so bad it was almost embarrassing but they deserved it.
Fantastic!!!! Good for your mother! This issue is nationwide!!!

I mentioned pages ago that these are the traditional brooder design, not an awful new item. The issues seem to be in learning to use them, which is a management problem, from the top down. Employees need instructions! And if an individual store manager, and overworked, underpaid staff, don't know enough about setting these brooders up correctly, and don't have motivation or time to manage them, it will be bad.
The old stock tank brooders worked well, or very badly, again, depending on staff and management. And it was too easy for customers to get to the chicks, also not better.
This year, again, USPS has major problems shipping the live birds!
Mary
My local TSC always put dog cage panels 7 or 8 feet tall around the birds and only employees could enter. As for USPS though, I've seen how they've been handling my mail and they might as well have just punched my mailbox. I've been getting RSVPs back for my wedding that are ripped, torn and stamped all over

I just want everyone to know, that TSC has finally been convinced. Thanks to everyone who signed petitions, emailed TSC, and supported the movement towards a change they made the announcement that they would bring back the stock tanks, and it’s happening in stores everywhere as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom